Thefossildude

Hi-

Does anyone know how Myrtle Beach fossil hunting is these days? I'm planning to visit mid December.

What should I expect? Where should I go? 

I hear they are re-nourishing the beaches-does this hurt my chance to find anything?

Thanks

I've never been but they just had a bad hurricane in NC and SC so if they re-nourished it the sand should be washed away. I always find good stuff after a storm in Florida. Good luck and let me know what you find.

2 minutes ago, Bronzviking said:

I've never been but they just had a bad hurricane in NC and SC so if they re-nourished it the sand should be washed away. I always find good stuff after a storm in Florida. Good luck and let me know what you find.

The renourishment is actually actively going on

2 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

The renourishment is actually actively going on

Oh well scrap that theory than, Lol

I've been  in the North Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove area  for the past two weeks. If its shark teeth your interested in, you have to spend some time to find them. Have found a mix of GW, crow, sand tiger and bull. Found some sea robin skull pieces and a cretaceous echinoid. Hopefully you can catch the time around full moon as in my experience this produces more material. Unfortunately this month"s "King Tide" was very high over 8 feet and reflooded some homes in the Cherry Grove area. I don't do Myrtle Beach itself so I can not give you any info. Best wishes for good hunting.

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, fossilnut said:

I've been  in the North Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove area  for the past two weeks. If its shark teeth your interested in, you have to spend some time to find them. Have found a mix of GW, crow, sand tiger and bull.

I love seeing GWs, crow, sand tigers, etc.. Take some photos .. show us your goodies!:D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"