UtahFossilHunter

Let’s see your collecting vehicles!

Wrangellian
On 1/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, UtahFossilHunter said:

That’s not bad. I was expecting less than that so it’s beat my expectations.:dinothumb:

I thought the same thing! I guess that means the sticker price is high. You have to pay somewhere along the way, right?

Bob Saunders

for Kim Texas, your Danner boots. Maybe the "tacky wax" or what you put on the stitching of tent seams where the floor lays on the ground?

swoobie

Adidas Terrex have been great for me - reasonably priced and rugged enough to last through some tough terrain

Ludwigia
On 13.1.2019 at 4:47 AM, Wrangellian said:

I thought the same thing! I guess that means the sticker price is high. You have to pay somewhere along the way, right?

Of course you do, but it's more than worth the investment in my opinion.

RJB

I miss the old days but here is what I used to get me there and back.

RB

ATV 004.jpg

jpc

This is a 2010 photo of my old 1990 Toyota Camry with, of course, two wheel drive and low clearance.  I took this thing many places where soccer moms won't take their Suburbans.  Here it is in the desert north of Green River, Wyoming.  The second photo is with a small jacket I threw in there.  I had to take the horizontal part of the back seat out to make this one fit.  I moved this jacket (still unopened) a few years ago when we moved and it either got heavier or maybe, just maybe, I got older.   

I junked the car about four years ago and Mrs jpc and I now use a 1995 Toyota 4Runner, seen below at two of my favorite fossil spots.   

P1030662b.jpg.18c8b133d3102776239e006b153de658.jpg

P1030697b.jpg.8f1a905713edc164947f430a40691798.jpg

IMG_0697b.JPG.a74c63b1c378da87518908bff3b4b88d.JPG

DSC00467b.thumb.jpg.6a4b6e3853b8b75d083342ac51f2d226.jpg

caterpillar

Hey! I recognize this man

UtahFossilHunter
On 4/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, jpc said:

This is a 2010 photo of my old 1990 Toyota Camry with, of course, two wheel drive and low clearance.  I took this thing many places where soccer moms won't take their Suburbans.  Here it is in the desert north of Green River, Wyoming.  The second photo is with a small jacket I threw in there.  I had to take the horizontal part of the back seat out to make this one fit.  I moved this jacket (still unopened) a few years ago when we moved and it either got heavier or maybe, just maybe, I got older.   

I junked the car about four years ago and Mrs jpc and I now use a 1995 Toyota 4Runner, seen below at two of my favorite fossil spots.   

Those are some gorgeous hunting grounds!

What’s in the jacket?

jpc
7 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Those are some gorgeous hunting grounds!

What’s in the jacket?

Yeah, Eocene outcrops in both vehicle portraits. 

A partial Eocene mammal skeleton, with the only Eocene skull I have ever found.  Still unprepped.  

trilobite tim

Taken two years ago, in the White Pine Mnts of Nevada.  I was on the north end of the range.  I have since learned I wanted to be on the southern end....  It was beautiful volcanic ash/clay.  The tow cost me $700.  But I do like the car and it gets me most places.

White Pine Mnts.JPG

UtahFossilHunter
1 hour ago, trilobite tim said:

Taken two years ago, in the White Pine Mnts of Nevada.  I was on the north end of the range.  I have since learned I wanted to be on the southern end....  It was beautiful volcanic ash/clay.  The tow cost me $700.  But I do like the car and it gets me most places.

White Pine Mnts.JPG

I’d be hesitant to go in that with my car that’s for sure. Looks like it got the job done, though.

JarrodB

On 4/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, trilobite tim said:

White Pine Mnts.JPG

I had a similar experience with my Nissan Rogue before buying my 4x4. That trip cost me $500.