Gmr yesterday

Wolf89

That's a purdy purdy tooth. It is not from a particularly rare species (for the Carolinas anyway--rare as hen's teeth down here in Florida) but it does have exceptionally nice coloration. I've heard of these lightening and losing some of their color as they dry out, you might consider saturating this with a consolidant if you or any of the TFF members nearby have some. Might be good insurance on keeping that awesome color.

Given that it is a nice drool-worthy tooth and by Don't admission, a rare color for GMR, you might consider entering it for the FOTM contest this month. Depending on whatever other finds get entered this month, it may not be a close contender for the prize but the contest it not always about winning but showing each month's beautiful fossils that we've added to our collective collections.

I think back fondly to our visit to the GMR last year during our roadtrip and knowing the area just a bit I can picture in my mind the surroundings and conditions when you first spotted this tooth.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1