Is This a Spinosaurus Vert?

Mioplosus_Lover24

I found what looks to be a deal on one of my favorite auction websites! Could it possibly be another Spinosaurus Vert?

Screenshot_20190205-203639[1].jpg

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

This is another "Spinosaurus" Vert it has a pretty cool shark tooth on it!

Screenshot_20190205-204832[1].jpg

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

Can't help on the ID, but it's very likely the shark tooth was glued on and covered with some matrix. I wouldn't pay any extra just because of that.

no the last one looks to be a phosphate specimen with a i think is a tiger shark tooth not from the common aoufous or ifezouane formations, and yes there are sharks teeth from the akroubou formation these do not match in terms of date. 

the first one has the box like appearance of a spinosauridae cauda (tail)l vertebrae however is rather small and without unblury pictures will be hard to make a positive id 

Absolutely not Spinosaur. Neither matches at all.

As already has been pointed out, these fossils look like they are from the phosphate beds (Maastrichtian age and younger). So not the Kem Kem beds (Cenomanian age) where we finds Spinosaurids. Both on the age as well as location these couldn't be Spino. But the morphology doesn't match either.

The first one looks like a possible dorsal or caudal vertebra. It doesn't have the pneumaticity of a Spinosaur dorsal vertebra. And the lateral process that's broken off on the side doesn't match those of Spinosaur caudal vertebrae as those are situated higher up the vert. It's definitely not Spino. It's more likely of a croc.

The second one matches no vertebra of a Spinosaur in any way. While just the one photo is not a lot to go on, this looks like a croc cervical vertebra.

So, nope. Not at all Spino.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite