Jump to content

contacting smithsonian/natural history museum/experts


Recommended Posts

Still_human

Would anyone happen to have contact info for anyone in the fossil field at the Smithsonian/Museum of Natural History? Actually, any museum, or "official"(?) expert of the field--Prehistoric whales/Cetus.

Ive tried contacting anyone from the smithsonian website contact form, and through email, but haven't had any luck yet. I know they would be very busy, but as my attempts have only gone to the most general direction, I'm thinking that if the messages even end up getting to the correct people at all, they may not even get the messages for some time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best person to contact is here on TFF...not the Smithsonian, but a published "whale expert".

 

@Boesse

 

:D

  • I found this Informative 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
SailingAlongToo
46 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Would anyone happen to have contact info for anyone in the fossil field at the Smithsonian/Museum of Natural History? Actually, any museum, or "official"(?) expert of the field--Prehistoric whales/Cetus.

Ive tried contacting anyone from the smithsonian website contact form, and through email, but haven't had any luck yet. I know they would be very busy, but as my attempts have only gone to the most general direction, I'm thinking that if the messages even end up getting to the correct people at all, they may not even get the messages for some time. 

 

Dave Bohaska is the Smithsonian cetacean guru. You can find his email through the museums website. I also know for a fact he is pro-amateur fossil hunters.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Still_human
43 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Try contacting the head vertebrate person, Hans Sues: https://profiles.si.edu/display/nSuesH3222006

 

Select contact.

What do you mean "select contact"? I didn't see any way to choose contacts, as the link goes specifically to Sues' page.

 

...And thank you for the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Still_human
1 minute ago, SailingAlongToo said:

 

Dave Bohaska is the Smithsonian cetacean guru. You can find his email through the museums website. I also know for a fact he is pro-amateur fossil hunters.

Thank you so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Still_human
32 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The best person to contact is here on TFF...not the Smithsonian, but a published "whale expert".

 

@Boesse

 

:D

Thank you very much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
DPS Ammonite
2 minutes ago, Still_human said:

What do you mean "select contact"? I didn't see any way to choose contacts, as the link goes specifically to Sues' page.

I should have said click on “send message”.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Still_human
On 3/26/2019 at 2:54 PM, DPS Ammonite said:

I should have said click on “send message”.

Cool, thanks:) he responded right away. He gave me the email of someone he thought would be able to help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...