2019 MAPS Fossil Show- Hotel Venue

Nimravis

Wow, thanks for the virtual tour Ralph! Lots of good stuff for sure:drool:

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Coming out of lurkdom to say thanks for posting this! I just popped in hoping to tracking down more info on the show.

Note to self: bring a bigger bag.

Thanks for the pictures of quality non frankenfossils. These are the kinds of fossils that we want to see and buy at the shows. 

@Nimravis  Do the organizers of the MAPS show do a better job than most to keep out the fake and heavily restored but not disclosed, fossils. I have read the rules that some organizers give to the dealers that allows the organizers to ask them to put away and not sell rocks, minerals and fossils that are fake or mislabeled. Unfortunately money sometimes trumps honesty; some shows are full of junk.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

4 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

I should really get to MAPS one of these years...

You should, this year the Hotel Venue seems to be better than last year, hopefully the regular show will also be better.

1 hour ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Do the organizers of the MAPS show do a better job than most to keep out the fake and heavily restored but not disclosed, fossils.

I am not sure about that, the Hotel Venue seem to have a lack of fake fossils this year, we will see how the regular show is later today.

11 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Tony, this is about 3 % of what is at this Hotel show, there is a ton more, I only took random quick pics. The real show starts tomorrow and I will post stuff from there.

This is absolutely amazing - there is really EVERYTHING :default_faint: If these are random quick pics, I cannot imagine how much time would be needed to browse all the stands in detail...

Thanks for posting these, great variety of fossils!

1 hour ago, Kasia said:

This is absolutely amazing - there is really EVERYTHING :default_faint: If these are random quick pics, I cannot imagine how much time would be needed to browse all the stands in detail...

Thanks for posting these, great variety of fossils!

Kasia I am glad you enjoyed them,  besides the fossils on display like these, there are also boxes of things to go through in the various rooms and they contain a multitude of fossils at some really great prices.

Thanks Ralph I love these window shopping posts. Some reasonable  price too. Good fish, plant and mammal material. Enjoy and I hope you get some bargains cheers Bobby 

thx for taking us along :)

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

14 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

Thanks a lot for the visit. No crabs in the show?

I saw 2- again, I only took a few pics of things, there were a ton of fossils that I did not take pictures of- if I see some today at the main show I will take some pictures and post later.

5 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Kasia I am glad you enjoyed them,  besides the fossils on display like these, there are also boxes of things to go through in the various rooms and they contain a multitude of fossils at some really great prices.

Did you see any Evactinopora radiata bryozoan anywhere? At a reasonable price :)

Thanks for the mini tour...have fun out there looking! 

I'd be hard pressed to stick to my I'm not buying no more stuff no matter what penchant. :)

Regards, Chris 

6 hours ago, Kasia said:

Did you see any Evactinopora radiata bryozoan anywhere? At a reasonable price :)

I am sorry, but I did not see you e-mail until now and I already left the show for home. I am 99% sure that I saw some there, but I do not think that I have any pics or price info- sorry.

Wow, Ralph - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :default_faint:

I especially like that big slab with multiple Cruziana and a Rusophycus :drool:

Have fun at the show this weekend!!!

34 minutes ago, Monica said:

Wow, Ralph - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :default_faint:

I especially like that big slab with multiple Cruziana and a Rusophycus :drool:

Have fun at the show this weekend!!!

I left yesterday Monica- I do not think that there were any other vendors coming today, so I decided not to stay an extra night.

4 hours ago, ynot said:

Well - chalk up another one!

Thanks for taking us along!

Really enjoyed the pictures.

No problem Tony, have a couple more coming up soon.