What ptychodus species is this ):

Notidanodon

This is from the Isle of Wight I’m not sure on the age because it is from an old collection with no catalogues:unsure: Is this mammilaris or marginaris the tooth is roughly 1cmx0.9cm

59C26428-EFB7-4984-B3F0-859C70FDAE6A.jpeg

63C4BD55-E825-4599-9E90-535F8C04213D.jpeg

BEADA9C4-0FE8-402C-8BD7-6FF30084DEA5.jpeg

• Fossildude19 changed the title to What ptychodus species is this ):

Will,  I’m taking a total swag at this, mostly I see P Whipplei and a few others around here.  If the two that you listed were the only choices, based on your pics and my books that I’m looking at, I would say P Mammillaris.   

Again, I’m not even close to being good at Ptychodus IDs, so take it for what it’s worth. :)

4 hours ago, ynot said:

Have You looked at this thread?

Yea this is were I took those screenshots from:) I don’t know if those were the right ones though that was just me giving it a go thanks though :ighappy: 

6 hours ago, vellis said:

Will,  I’m taking a total swag at this, mostly I see P Whipplei and a few others around here.  If the two that you listed were the only choices, based on your pics and my books that I’m looking at, I would say P Mammillaris.   

Again, I’m not even close to being good at Ptychodus IDs, so take it for what it’s worth. :)

I’m not very good at any id’s:ighappy: you can look at the thread that @ynot posted those were the two that I thought it might be

8 hours ago, caldigger said:

Nice looking "old chap" Will. :D