Toe bone?

diginupbones

Just a wild uneducated guess on my part but I’ve always wondered about this one. 

CBAF8F36-32BC-457F-9D7C-B88D77CFE040.jpeg.c145d2f7c1c54d88093e90527836efd6.jpegCEEA70D1-8D3F-4DD6-A082-DE1CC705EFF6.jpeg.ac0f89d85dac60aae860084d1b2176da.jpegEB1581F3-6972-444C-969B-43E95CE6CFE2.jpeg.e57e37be5345272654e8e0c1d9d7e554.jpegF1DDA8EF-7BBC-4AAA-96F4-42C991A2F1E8.jpeg.e9e8c65bb44a4fda7b97bb1d2d9bae1f.jpegF76181B7-3085-4C39-82C1-1EF3B6C09B68.jpeg.805ea01f84e22c481bfaba472fce252e.jpeg

Cool! Probably impossible to tell from what critter because of the number of different species found in the same area I’m guessing. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, diginupbones said:

Cool! Probably impossible to tell from what critter because of the number of different species found in the same area I’m guessing. Thanks again 

Better location information or formation information may make it easier to narrow down an id.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

41 minutes ago, ynot said:

Better location information or formation information may make it easier to narrow down an id.

How does one go about determining formation timeline or age of deposit for an area?  Most of the items I find are in the middle of the sandhills region of Nebraska. I know that Nebraska was underwater at one time and I know about when the sandhills formed but how do you  narrow it down for a particular area? 

5 minutes ago, diginupbones said:

How does one go about determining formation timeline or age of deposit for an area?  Most of the items I find are in the middle of the sandhills region of Nebraska. I know that Nebraska was underwater at one time and I know about when the sandhills formed but how do you  narrow it down for a particular area? 

The short answer is tracking down a geologic map of the area.  The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS.gov) or the Nebraska Geological Survey will have maps available.  Here is a link to the Nebraska Geo Survey.  The red areas on this key represent available maps: Nebraska Geo Survey index map

• I found this Informative 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

9 minutes ago, hemipristis said:

The short answer is tracking down a geologic map of the area.  The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS.gov) or the Nebraska Geological Survey will have maps available.  Here is a link to the Nebraska Geo Survey.  The red areas on this key represent available maps: Nebraska Geo Survey index map

Thanks! One of those maps is pretty close to my area. Lots to read there.