Finger rocks??

tishylu

Fingers? No. Rocks? Definitely! And really interesting shaped ones at that. No, they are not fossils but some sort of interesting geological processes created these "finger looking" items. Just because they are not former body parts do not make these odd little items any less interesting.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers.

-ken

• I found this Informative 2

Those are really neat little rocks!  Quite a conversation piece.  I'd hang on to those myself.  Neat!

However, if you look closely, you will notice that only one is a "finger rock"; the other is clearly a "toe rock".  -_-

And - -  Welcome to TFF, we're glad to have you aboard.  Keep showing us your finds.

• I found this Informative 1

Well I do know these aren't real fingers, they are very interesting and fascinating how these were made. Natural process or human processed?

2 minutes ago, tishylu said:

Natural process or human processed?

I feel quite certain that they are natural, making them all the more interesting.

1 minute ago, grandpa said:

I feel quite certain that they are natural, making them all the more interesting.

I found them both within feet of each other but 2 different days

6 minutes ago, grandpa said:

Those are really neat little rocks!  Quite a conversation piece.  I'd hang on to those myself.  Neat!

However, if you look closely, you will notice that only one is a "finger rock"; the other is clearly a "toe rock".  -_-

And - -  Welcome to TFF, we're glad to have you aboard.  Keep showing us your finds.

Thank you, I'm enjoying my finds and the information I'm receiving

Difficult to tell from just photos (unless it is something we are very familiar with and have seen and held many examples) but to me the "toenail" on the one to the right looks like it might be a rounded river pebble as it seems to have a shinier texture than the rest of the stone. This would seem to make it some sort of conglomerate rock and the sedimentary cement holding onto that rock might be sandstone, siltstone, or some sort of limestone (judging purely on the coloration). Definitely a product of Mother Nature's imagination and no signs of it being a product of human hands.

Cheers.

-Ken

45 minutes ago, tishylu said:

I found them both within feet of each other but 2 different days

If they were within “feet” of each other then they both must be toe rocks! :heartylaugh:

I crack myself up... Seriously though...  I agree with the others assessment. Definitely rock and they look natural. It never ceases to amaze me what nature can produce. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

27 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

If they were within “feet” of each other then they both must be toe rocks! :heartylaugh:

I crack myself up... Seriously though...  I agree with the others assessment. Definitely rock and they look natural. It never ceases to amaze me what nature can produce. 

That was a good one! Haha!! Got a good laugh!! Thank You