Fall Dino Trip to the Hell Creek Fm

Troodon

Appreciate all the feedback from everyone and if you ever get a chance to collect it's a great experience dont pass up the opportunity 

WOOOOOOW, thanks very much for sharing!!!!! great pictures and the bones are amazing and a dream for most of us!!! That´s propper Dino fossil hunting!

:dinothumb:

1 minute ago, trilo said:

WOOOOOOW, thanks very much for sharing!!!!! great pictures and the bones are amazing and a dream for most of us!!! That´s propper Dino fossil hunting!

:dinothumb:

I agree trilo

I have to say the chevron is just outstanding! wow

and the Edmontosaurus juvenil jaw parts are great - recently I saw a nice one with the teeth placed at a fossil fair and they are very rare. just fantastic

please, post some more pics after they are preped, can´t wait to see them

Dang, Frank...what a trip!

The rooted Croc tooth and the Gar vertebra are waay too cool...very nice finds. If you prepare that vert, please post some photos.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

9 hours ago, PFOOLEY said:

Dang, Frank...what a trip!

The rooted Croc tooth and the Gar vertebra are waay too cool...very nice finds. If you prepare that vert, please post some photos.

Thanks it was a hoot...that vert is at my prep person in SD and will post photos when I get it back.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, trilo said:

I have to say the chevron is just outstanding! wow

and the Edmontosaurus juvenil jaw parts are great - recently I saw a nice one with the teeth placed at a fossil fair and they are very rare. just fantastic

please, post some more pics after they are preped, can´t wait to see them

Tganks, Jaws with teeth are expecially cool and when done will post photos.   Yep that chervon was super long.

• I found this Informative 1

Amazes me at how much you found.  I absolutely love all the field photo's!!!   Lots of really cool stuff but that chevron bone is outstanding!  Looking forward to see some of this prepped out.  Nice finds for sure!

RB

A few finished items 

I found the top caudal in June the same morphology, size, processes and center hole of the one I found in Sept.  

June Trip

CaudalPatho.thumb.jpg.e522d37939c6636d4d3a99a300d84c19.jpg

Sept Trip

CaudalPatho2.thumb.jpg.5c121bf0eecf39cd59cb5fd61ff660ee.jpg

Hand Ungual

HadroUngual.thumb.jpg.0a9dfd307d318ca6dc3b095c0285fdd1.jpg

• I found this Informative 9

@Troodon I have to ask you show a fair few theropod teeth but only 2 hadrosaur teeth, is it more common to find teeth from theropods compared to ornithischians in the HC formation?

W

13 minutes ago, Haravex said:

@Troodon I have to ask you show a fair few theropod teeth but only 2 hadrosaur teeth, is it more common to find teeth from theropods compared to ornithischians in the HC formation?

We looking at different locations and the finds can be very different.  At the Hadrosaur bonebed the primary tooth found is hadrosaur.   When I collect in a channel deposit the primary tooth found is Nanotyrannus followed by Ceratopsian crowns/spitters, then other theropod teeth.   All about locality... my friends who collect in Alberta primarily find Tyrannosaurid teeth.

• I found this Informative 4

Thats very informative thank you for the information, I'm guessing you dont show off a lot of the hadrosaur teeth you find then from the bone bed correct? 

Geez! I almost missed out on this! Good thing that Haravex just posted. Great report, Frank, and of course the finds are stupendous for us normal ammo collectors :) Looking forward to seeing more as the things get prepped.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

50 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Thats very informative thank you for the information, I'm guessing you dont show off a lot of the hadrosaur teeth you find then from the bone bed correct? 

We actually dont find many nice teeth a few shed and lots of broken ones.  Site is 99.9% bones.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:17 AM, RJB said:

Amazes me at how much you found.  I absolutely love all the field photo's!!!   Lots of really cool stuff but that chevron bone is outstanding!  Looking forward to see some of this prepped out.  Nice finds for sure!

RB

Thanks RJB will slowly get more done hey still working on June's trip...lifetime job

31 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Geez! I almost missed out on this! Good thing that Haravex just posted. Great report, Frank, and of course the finds are stupendous for us normal ammo collectors :) Looking forward to seeing more as the things get prepped.

Thanks, I'm always impressed with your finds just trying to keep pace :D.

• I found this Informative 1

very nice and great prep work too! I like the hand ungual-the details jsut fantastic!

any jaw sections preped!

looking forward to seeing them

27 minutes ago, trilo said:

very nice and great prep work too! I like the hand ungual-the details jsut fantastic!

any jaw sections preped!

looking forward to seeing them

Thanks, No jaws yet that will take months on the trike it's at my prep shop.

On 01/10/2019 at 10:06 PM, Troodon said:

Garfish vertebra

That’s a beauty.  :wub:

I also really enjoy your landscape photos it put your finds and undertakings into perspective . Such an incredible large landscape and you can’t help but think what finds are out there waiting. 

Nice thread and finds 

cheers Bobby 

20 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

That’s a beauty.  :wub:

I also really enjoy your landscape photos it put your finds and undertakings into perspective . Such an incredible large landscape and you can’t help but think what finds are out there waiting. 

Nice thread and finds 

cheers Bobby 

Thanks and yes it's an amazing area, I travel 45 miles on a dirt road to the ranch and the views are typical of the second landscape photo.   Nice during collecting season but the winters are something else.

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Vieira said:

Amazing. Thanks for sharing those fantastic finds :notworthy:

Thanks, Probably :heartylaugh: a bit different than the type of collecting you do.