Show Us Your Usa Dino Bones

Terry Dactyll

I havent got much dino bone but this is my best piece of I think...

Edmontosaurus a very large central of the 3 toes, toe-bone of at 13.5 cm in width

post-1630-0-72714400-1292321583_thumb.jpg post-1630-0-37402100-1292321605_thumb.jpg

I'll post a few other bits as we go along in the thread but Im prepared to be blown away by some of your collections...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

This is a very large Torosaurus brow horn. What makes it unusual is that it was found in Northern New Mexico. The second picture was taken prior to restoration.

post-1202-0-56664400-1292370376_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-50770600-1292370422_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-77971600-1292370446_thumb.jpg

i must pologize for enderubting with dinosaur bones that are rubbed by unnatural elements until they're not identifiable as to species or nothing so don't even start on these cuz i've seen what can happen but anyway, i like dinosaur bones a whole lot but most people want a whole lot for them so i don't have a whole lot of them but i do have some but then i also have these that i rubbed and did stuff to but they're 99% agate and no body putty, so...

post-488-0-27609500-1292373742_thumb.jpg

i made teh heart one for my daughter so she's got it and she's even nicknamed after a dinosaur and has her nickname on her letter jacket so everybody knows she's nicknamed after a dinosaur but ya'll didn't but now you do. i love dinosaurs.

tracer, those gem bones just knock me out! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I've collected a few over the years, but most of the big ones are unprepped. I guess I could show y'all a pile of plaster jackets in the garage...

Thought I'd get a few up before Brock posts his cool stuff.

A hadrosaur manual ungual... fingernail bone from the Hell Creek of MT.

post-1450-0-42150100-1292386948_thumb.jpg

Two shots of a Thescelosaurus claw from the Lance Fm of eastern WY. (For those who are truly paying attention, it is from site JPC-446 that I mentioned in the thread about labeling fossils). I love these things... they are amongst my favorite late Cret dino bones. They are just so darn cute...

post-1450-0-86766100-1292386964_thumb.jpg post-1450-0-99218200-1292386982_thumb.jpg

Hell Creek of NoDak... I have no idea what this one is, but it is also a claw. I orginally thought it was an ornithomimid, but our Suchimimus skeleton we have in our museum does not have claws as straight as this one. Maybe its a croc. Brock... any help?

post-1450-0-78111500-1292386996_thumb.jpg

This is a Triceratops squamosal... the big bone that makes up most of one side of the frill of these things. In the foreground is the part I have yet to prep sitting in its field jacket. In the background you can barely see the parts that have been cleaned and are awaiting the last glueing.

post-1450-0-62332700-1292387017_thumb.jpg

And here is a better view of the cleaned parts.

post-1450-0-19940000-1292387031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Auspex

Piranha... Very Nice.... even if its not from the USA....Its a very fine specimen thanks for sharing it... ''I'm guessing you'll do eggs in the next thread?''.... Unfortunately I havent got any dino eggs so maybe you can take the initiative and maybe start that thread...I'll wait with great anticipation to see what you guys got stashed... :o

RCFossils...The block containing the psittacosaurs is awsome... Im glad you snook that in... and the Horns & bone.... Yikes... I didnt realise the quality of the material that resides in private collections... you guys are 'serious collectors'...''Torosaurus'' lol... I have a newspaper here 'The Meagher County News' showing a Torosaurus skull being lifted off a cliff in a plaster jacket by a black hawk helicopter lol... that must be ultra rare... :o

Tracer... polishing is a good idea on small fragments like those... you have brought to light the complexity of the bone structure, and I'm presuming the red bits are the agate that has filled in the hollow structure of the bone?... I like them, well done... :)

jpc...Very nice collection of claws there...The hadrosaur manual ungual... fingernail bone.. Nice!... I got a few Edmontosaurus front hand finger bone(I'll post a photo soon).... so Im presuming thats the very end of those... so its great to see...The claws are awsome to and its great to see the Triceratops frill your working on... Who knows what you got wrapped in plaster jackets there ... Yikes.. :)

Keep them dino bones coming... I'll photgraph a couple of my other bits later...

Hi JPC,

I think your mystery claw is from a large turtle. I collected a similar specimen a few years back. I am attaching a few pictures.

post-1202-0-16287400-1292422711_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-65747800-1292422760_thumb.jpg

Wow, some amazing fossils have been posted. I love that Triceratops horn and the cluster of Psittacosaurus.

post-2332-0-47015900-1292422836_thumb.jpg

A juvenile Raptor claw from Hell Creek

post-2332-0-36039800-1292422858_thumb.jpg

A Struthiomimus vert also from Hell Creek

FF7_Yuffie... Very nice specimens...

Heres my Edmotosaurus phalange/finger bones from the hand/front foot....

post-1630-0-69941500-1292439526_thumb.jpg

And a small pice of Tricerotops jaw with the grooves arranged for the teeth to slide/mesh?.... I can see where it fitted on RCFossils complete one...lol Speaking of which on the complete one, are those dark pads the lower teeth effectively... harder wear resistant plates that line up with the upper teeth?

post-1630-0-47017100-1292439571_thumb.jpg

I got a couple of vert to... I will post them later sometime...

Here are two of my favorites.

23" Einiosaurus rib with a couple of pathologies, from Montana.

01030001.jpg

Not USA< and although it certainly doesn't compare with a full skeleton, I do love the little front pes and tail of one. :P

PICT0253.jpg

Edited by Darwin Ahoy

Hi JPC,

I think your mystery claw is from a large turtle. I collected a similar specimen a few years back. I am attaching a few pictures.

Hey thanks... that's not a perfect match, but then 1) its a better match thananything I have compared it to. and 2) turtles have lots of toenails, and I assume there is variety between them all, so I will go with turtle toe in the future.

Musta been on hellabig turkle.

Darwin.... Very Nice... Although I cant see the rib photo for some reason... did you scale the pixel size of your photos down to about 800 before you post them? ... Im wondering if thats the reason...

jpc....I'm glad you got your ID... I know its a nice feeling after a while... ''Musta been on hellabig turkle''...'Big turtles' hey maybe even 'mutants'... ok lets not go there...

Lets have a look what Dinosaur Skeletons you got locked in your closet :)

Keep them dino bones coming, Im sure you havent even started yet...

Hey Steve, nice to see dinosaur stuff from everyone! Very nice material thus far! Here's one and then a maybe (wrong body part?). First is a Thescelosaurus toe bone, heck Creek Formation, L Cretaceous, Eastern Montana (4 Cm's in length)

post-1240-0-72161100-1292558393_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-52393600-1292558407_thumb.jpg

and a 3.5 Cm long Edmontosaurus tooth with root, also from heck Creek Formation, L Cretaceous, Montana that fell out of yours and RC's jaw! post-1240-0-90305400-1292558466_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-31038800-1292558492_thumb.jpg

I did type heck Creek Formation, not heck Creek Formation.....Oh Heck, I tried!

Regards, Chris

Lets have a look what Dinosaur Skeletons you got locked in your closet :)

Keep them dino bones coming, Im sure you havent even started yet...

Terry D... I don't surf this site at work, but if I think of it in the next few days, I'll post a photo of the dinosaur skelton we have in our closet at work. It is almost ready to go out on display...

OK, the cat just left her cozy nook on my lap... I'm off to the garage to work on fossils.

Edited by jpc

Chris... Verrrryyyy Nice.... Even the plant guys have skeletons in their closets... keep them dino bones coming...

jpc...''Terry D... I don't surf this site at work, but if I think of it in the next few days, I'll post a photo of the dinosaur skelton we have in our closet at work. It is almost ready to go out on display''...

It must be fierce if you have to hide it in a closet... Cant wait to see it... ;)

I will photograph my verts soon...

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Nando.... LOL... No wonder your smiling... they are fabulous...I bet you was blown away by the sheer size of them...

Heres my verts as promised... The lighting isnt very good for photos with the snow but the best one is a large thorassic/dorsal or mid body vertebra centrum 16 by 14.5 cm, showing spinal chord canal. Hell Creek fm South Dakota ...and 4 other verts which I dont have any information on but I presume are Edmontosaurus...

post-1630-0-07575000-1292755346_thumb.jpg post-1630-0-07111100-1292755364_thumb.jpg

post-1630-0-92341400-1292755381_thumb.jpg post-1630-0-01099900-1292755401_thumb.jpg

Mosasaur vertebrates. Obviously I haven't prepped them yet and I could take a better picture. These are from either the Cody or Pierre shale of central Wyoming.

Jim

Old Dead Things

post-1148-0-58586100-1292770173_thumb.jpg

Mosasaur vertebrates. Obviously I haven't prepped them yet and I could take a better picture. These are from either the Cody or Pierre shale of central Wyoming.

Jim

Old Dead Things

Thats going to look fabulous when prepped up.... You could leave them sat on a natural martix stand...