Singapore Fossil Collector's Meetup

-Andy-

The Singapore Fossil Collector's Group just had our quarterly meetup.

Eight of us gathered in one collector's house for a very eventful afternoon where we discussed about the on-goings of the fossil world, had a great show-and-tell session of our own beloved fossils, and of course fossil exchange and trade!

Among the fossils being showcased and traded were

Several quality meg teeth

A full set of Cretaceous marine predator teeth

Dinosaur teeth and claw

Various shark and croc teeth

LOTS and LOTS of amber

Several fish

Miocene plant slab

Many spiny and high-quality trilobites

Many ammonites

Gastropods and other marine invertebrates

Washington crabs

Here are the pics of that incredible event.

post-4888-0-69896700-1333514340_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-22626900-1333514394_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Here are my gains at the end of the day!

post-4888-0-42593800-1333515929_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-94387400-1333515968_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

More pics of the best fossils of the day.

Hope everyone enjoys these pics!

post-4888-0-11428800-1333516025_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-80688300-1333516043_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-47591400-1333516059_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Hey Andy! It was an awesome meet up and I can't wait for the next one. Hope we can recruit more local collectors to our cause! :)

The Singaporean Fossil Collectors Group, come join us here today!

lookin good andy ;) seeing a lot of familiar faces :)

im REALLY diggin' that Kolihapeltis! :drool: :Drool: :wub:

i wonder if melissa was in there... :o

Hey Andy! It was an awesome meet up and I can't wait for the next one. Hope we can recruit more local collectors to our cause! :)

Indeed it was! And yes I am sure we will.

lookin good andy ;) seeing a lot of familiar faces :)

im REALLY diggin' that Kolihapeltis! :drool: :Drool: :wub:

i wonder if melissa was in there... :o

It's a pity we forgot to take more pics of Rick's trilobites.

I saw like eight or nine extremely highly quality trilobites in his collection. (nearly broke the spikes of one myself when I smacked it accidentally! Whoooops)

And what a peculiar thing to say! Why would you even wonder if Melissa was there?

Indeed it was! And yes I am sure we will.

It's a pity we forgot to take more pics of Rick's trilobites.

I saw like eight or nine extremely highly quality trilobites in his collection. (nearly broke the spikes of one myself when I smacked it accidentally! Whoooops)

And what a peculiar thing to say! Why would you even wonder if Melissa was there?

isn't melissa also in singapore? :o i thought since she also collects she'd be there? :unsure:

isn't melissa also in singapore? :o i thought since she also collects she'd be there? :unsure:

Oh Melissa couldn't make it.

You would think there would be similar gatherings around Charleston given the abundance of fossils here and fossil collectors. Nope! Glad you guys had so much fun. I wish I could have joined you!

You would think there would be similar gatherings around Charleston given the abundance of fossils here and fossil collectors. Nope! Glad you guys had so much fun. I wish I could have joined you!

Heehee...you ever heard of less-is-more?

There are no fossils to be found here, and an extremely lack of fossil collectors. Thus this was a very lonely hobby.

We then went out to look for one another on forums, on facebook, on blogs and even on the newspaper. Hence we were able to come together and gather for meet-ups and fossil-trades.

Come to Singapore then, we will gladly have you here too!

• 6 years later...

Very nice going back and looking at this first one that you posted.

Fascinating. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png