Awesome Nc Find

Daryl McEwen

Met up with Ozzyrules and a few other awesome fellow fossil hunters to dig through an absolutely beautiful Saturday this past weekend. It was great meeting everyone and finally having the opportunity to dig alongside some experienced and knowledgeable hunters. I finally found my first ever meg although its barely even worth keeping being just a fragment barely over 2 3/4" long and split in half. I did however manage a super awesome and quite rare find, a Parotodus benedeni! I didn't know what I had at first but Ozzyrules said that he'd rather find one of those than an intact 5" meg so I knew then that it was a good find. Its not in perfect condition but its still a great addition to my collection. Thanks again, Ozzyrules, for sharing some great fossil info with me and showing me how its done!

12136_204413711140_749236140_4431095_305734_n.jpg

Edited by Daryl McEwen

Sweet find:wub:! That is a great addition to your collection:)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Daryl, listen to Master Ozzy---he knows lots of GOOD STUFF!!!

Daryl we are hunting this Saturday if you would like to join us let me know..........sharkdentist