Nsr Trip Coming Up

NAUfrogger

Well, weather permitting, my planned trip to the NSR is almost here! Save the date - Nov. 20!!! I have been dreaming of ammonites and shark teeth and mosasaur verts for weeks! Who's game?

You can be hit by a boat and die

You can be attacked by a shark and die

OR you could fall off the couch and die

GET OFF THE COUCH - go scuba!

Ammonites are pretty scarce at the NSR. If you want ammonites, plan on heading about 1.5 hours northwest to Lake Texoma during your trip.

hey! i'm crawlin' the nsr too! on the 18th and 19th!

kiddink! i'm only kiddink!

there's cool annomites at the nsr, and they's differnt speciesimens from the ones over at the creek's duck formation by texoma.

i'm sorry, okies. you know i really love you.

I am thinking that I will be at the Ladonia bridge sometime around 10am on Friday depending on traffic through the Dallas area. Any other forum members planning on being there?

well, maybe not - nobody interested. Maybe I'll drive up toward the POC instead. I've never been.

well, maybe not - nobody interested. Maybe I'll drive up toward the POC instead. I've never been.

if you haven't left yet, then i think you might wish to carefully look at weather maps and forecast and decide what to do. i personally have nothing to do today but am not considering going out looking for anything anywhere.

I was considering it earlier in the week ,but no way could I get out of work.

With the water level as high as it was today I hope you found a safe alternative

naufrogger - please report your status. the nsr quickly jumped ten feet yesterday. hopefully you were nowhere near it. don't know what poc did...

sorry for the slow responds. We had some good rain most of the day up here yesterday. So NSR and even POC might be a bit high. If the levels are down, its prime hunting today

sorry for the slow responds. We had some good rain most of the day up here yesterday. So NSR and even POC might be a bit high. If the levels are down, its prime hunting today

are you in touch with naufrogger up there?

are you in touch with naufrogger up there?

no... And I just looked at the date they were going, which was yesterday. Made for a cold wet day... I hope they did well.

I had to work all day. Sucks working for the theater chains when the new "Twilight" flick came out :( I went to 3 different theaters yesterday, and all were sold out all day for that thing

It started pouring here Thur night and rained all night long. I went and took a look at a couple of bridges and it was up past the hunting stage. Im sure POC was up as well. Maybe she waited till this morning to go hunting...............I hope so.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Well, the trip was a total bust.

I was up on business to begin with so I had limited time to hunt.

I got into Dallas Friday morning about 7:30am. I rented a car and headed north with some mapquest directions and such in hand, I attempted to find the POC. Well, Mapquest is not always accurate. I ended up in town talking to locals - every single one of whom directed me to some muddy ditch that wasn't the POC. After four hours of total frustration and a lot of walking around to places that showed no promise of fossils including a couple parks, a ditch near a cemetary and a ditch near a school, I gave up and pointed me car east to the NSR. Most of the ditches in the Sherman area weren't too high and the rain was off and on and not having a computer to check the NSR stats, I drove about an hour to the Ladonia bridge. I could hear the roar of the water the minute I got out of my car - bad sign. The NSR was up a good ten feet as some of you noted. Unfortunately, with business at hand, I didn't have time to wait for the water levels to back down. I realized I was missing some maps to get me from Ladonia to Dallas so I backtracked through Sherman to get back to Dallas and wouldn't you know - I finally crossed a bridge with the sign for the POC! Unfortunately, I had to get to Dallas for a meeting. I arrived back in Dallas with no fossils in hand at 4:30pm, exhausted, only to receive a voice mail that the person I was supposed to be having a meeting with at 5:30 had the flu and cancelled. Bummer. I could have visited the POC after all! My meetings later that night and the next day were okay but I have to admit complete disappointment in the fossil bust. At least I am safe - didn't get swept away down some creek bed - and I now know where the POC is. Fiddlesticks!

We all draw blanks at times. I'm fairly experienced and spend some time prospecting for virgin sites. There are risks involved with this. Occasionally my trips go a bit like yours did. I remember not too long ago admitting defeat and going to the Dallas Museum just to see some fossils during my 600+ mile round trip. Your blown trip will make your next success that much sweeter.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Im sorry your trip was a bust. Im glad your safe though.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'