Trip This Weekend?

danielp

Wanting to see if anyone would be up for a trip this weekend. Haven't got to go out in awhile. Was thinking about checking out a place called honey creek off I-35 around turner falls. Would also be up for other areas if anyone has some ideas.

Hey Daniel,what kind of material is there to be had up that way??? Oh, and it's nice to hear from ya again..

trilos i know. not sure what else

I would love to look for some Oklahoma trilobites, but Florida is a long drive. :angry: I almost stopped there on a roadtrip during the summer just to get my hands on some. Do you have any examples we can see? I would love to see some.

Man if i didnt have plans with my family this weekend i would be all over that. If you do it in the future hit me up and would be glad to go with you. I still have never found any trilos myself, so i bet that is an awesome trip. Good luck and i cant wait to see what you find.

fossil man

Daniel,I hope you find some nice Trilo's there.I saw online that the Honey Creek fm pops up when you search for Honey Creek in Okla. It looks like there is plenty of information to get you on the right track. I promised someone some Mosasaur verts this Saturday,so off to the NSR I go....

Got a hold of Bob finally and asked about a group coming up , he said not now , something about Deer Season or hunting season and didn't want anyone at the quarry during it , so looks like a postponed trip is in order , maybe Feb or March .

Will keep everyone informed as to when .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !