Let's see those best display shelves

mattbsharks

@mattbsharks thank you for starting this thread.  It's like a trip to a museum with each post.  I really enjoy seeing everyone's displays - and am maybe (just a little bit) :envy:

Keep the photos coming.  :popcorn:

14 hours ago, Kane said:

I didn't know you printed that drawing! I really need to get that properly scanned from the original for you (much better detail) -- hopefully before your next visit. :) 

Love the lighting, but now I want to see what is going on just beneath this level (look to be winter tire-sized ammos down below!).

Well if you do insist....they are mostly from the Swiss Bajocian, although a few are from the Callovian and one of the Wutach shelves smuggled itself in below. Yes it sure would be nice to have a proper scan of that sketch. And yes, that's me at the top right, although I was attempting to remain anonymous.

Sept_19.thumb.jpg.3cb60eac290e2299970f08298df1c195.jpg

• I found this Informative 9

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

4 hours ago, Randyw said:

LOL! I don’t know why they posted sideways!

Sideways fossils?  Ask the administrator to fix that. 

RB

This thread is great! It makes my display case look meager by comparison. I’m enjoying seeing the museums of our TFF members! Very nice! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

On 12/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, grandpa said:

@mattbsharks thank you for starting this thread.  It's like a trip to a museum with each post.  I really enjoy seeing everyone's displays - and am maybe (just a little bit) :envy:

Keep the photos coming.  :popcorn:

I have all of you to thank for making it an interesting thread :) !

• I found this Informative 1

On 12/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, Ramo said:

Here's one of my shelves.

20191106_171504.jpg

I like your incorporation of the old blistered wood box. Adds an antiquated feel to the more ancient items it holds within.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mattbsharks said:

Love the shape of that plant on top

Matt, I believe that is a tail fin from a fish.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

18 minutes ago, MrBones said:

I have a varied collection (not just fossils) and I am running out of space!

You need to get those "Not just fossil" items out of there!  They just take up space that is needed for your ancient items and contaminate the purity of the fossil realm. :ighappy:

Or just do as many of the rest of us and keep getting more cabinets to house our obsession. :P

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 minutes ago, caldigger said:

You need to get those "Not just fossil" items out of there!  They just take up space that is needed for your ancient items and contaminate the purity of the fossil realm. :ighappy:

Or just do as many of the rest of us and keep getting more cabinets to house our obsession. :P

We are searching for cabinets, got a neat looking filing one, but I like to display my preciouses