Dakotaraptor steini ?

Joebiwan3

@Troodon ok so i just rechecked everything...its 6 on the posterior per 2 mm and 8 on the anterior per 2 mm. Frank if you maximize these photos you should be able to see the density. Would you please double check for me and see what u count? 

20191212_203011.jpg

20191212_203107.jpg

Here is why 5 mm wide gives a more accurate picture, DSID of 1 both edges identical

BTW your camera is focusing on the scale not the serrations ...for future shots5df36c3e20f78_DRdistal.thumb.jpg.14a81a6eb18775eb2256e907a5174c51.jpg

DRMesial.thumb.jpg.e960be9ae811b0e139d8ad83d3bfdeff.jpg

I believe there is a high probability (never a certainty) that this tooth is a Nanotyrannus.

DSID of 1 which says the density is equal on both edges.  They needed to be very different

The base is rectangular needed to be eye shape

The CH (crown height) was greater and any of the holotype teeth although by itself not an issue.

The CHR (crown height ratio ) of 2.4 was well above what was seen on the holotype

• I found this Informative 1

Great. Its a nice tooth im happy with it. How common are nanotyrannus teeth ?  i feel like there are always nanotyrannus teeth offered online by dealers which makes me wonder why they cost as much as they do if it is indeed a commonly found tooth.

1 hour ago, Joebiwan3 said:

How common are nanotyrannus teeth ? 

They are one of the most common theropod tooth found and sold.   Pricing is there because collectors are willing to pay for it...its a tyrannosaurid. 

• I found this Informative 2