Winner Of Fotm October!

Phoenixflood

Congrats on winning Sharkdentist! Your Hadrosaur jaw section is truly an amazing fossil and this forums' choice for fossil of the month (FOTM) for October. :)

Congratulations on all those who entered FOTM for October! Your finds were all truely amazing as well! You are all truly winners! :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Congratulations to you all! What a great contest, you all earned your prizes before you even entered them in the contest:) What great fossils! Congratulations Shark Dentist, actually finding dinosaur parts... you achieve what every kid dreams of!

Congratulations to you all! What a great contest, you all earned your prizes before you even entered them in the contest:) What great fossils! Congratulations Shark Dentist, actually finding dinosaur parts... you achieve what every kid dreams of!

Thanks guys for everything but all the fossil's are winners as always keep it up guys............

post-1253-1258017476944_thumb.jpg

Very well done, good find..... I dont understand the rarity or quality considerations of the american material yet, but Im learning slowly...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Very well done, good find..... I dont understand the rarity or quality considerations of the american material yet, but Im learning slowly...

congrats, sd - the dino find was way cool.

td - some of the stuff being posted is extremely "rare" in the location/area in which it was found. so frequently, it isn't so much an american thing as it is a state or area thing. the size of the country and it's hugely differing environments made it that way, i guess. and preservation states are similar. some people have huge numbers of fossils in their area but all are in an "average" state of preservation. other areas see the whole range from perfect to "leaverites"

i could go find a lot of cool, perfect stuff in america, but i would need a month or so and lots of gas money. tj's been wanting to find a meg tooth for a long time, but the closest places i'm aware of to find them are around a thousand miles from us.

Hey SharkDentist, congratulations. I assume you will have it

in a place of honor...

Actually wish I would have found every fossil in the contest.

I must be greedy...:P

Welcome to the forum!

Hey SharkDentist, congratulations. I assume you will have it

in a place of honor...

Actually wish I would have found every fossil in the contest.

I must be greedy...:P

no, that's normal fossil-lover thinking.

What a surprise find! It's like you found twice...outside you found it, then on the Forum - you really found it! I'd love to see some new amazing photos of this east coast dino.

:thumbsu:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

What a surprise find! It's like you found twice...outside you found it, then on the Forum - you really found it!

I think a number of voters identified with the serendipity of it;

"Hey! That coulda' been me!"

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congrats from the bald guy. And sorry the tapir jaw didn't win, I guess I was just stoked after watching 2001 a couple of weeks ago.

Congratulations!!:D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

congrats sharkdentist! now go dig the rest of that dino up!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White