Pterosaur Skull

jax

amazing! sleep with one eye open ;)

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

That is the coolest thing Ive ever seen. I want one.......that would be an excellent addition to my skull collection.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I kinda have to agree with Emmytee... I'd have to put that bad boy in a closet to sleep well at night :P Nice acquisition!!!

you can use as a can opener or fruit juicer ;):)

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

That is cool. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it?

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Righteous!

Looks like the questions about quality have been answered with a resounding "excellent". What a show-stopper!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Jax.....Thats Beautiful..... what a wonderful specimen.... well done for 'grabbng' that one....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Jax, that is simply awesome. And to think that was flying/gliding around somewhere a long time ago---would love to have heard that bad thing squawk! Regards, Chris

I got this piece this week. Cool little addition to the top of my display case. Mean looking fella! :angry:

Jax,

That skull looks familiar. A friend bought an unprepped one like that at Tucson 15-20 years ago. He was able to arrange with another friend at the show to prep it in matrix in time for the main show at the convention center. He sold it at that show to a guy who owned a fossil shop in southern California. A really nice pterosaur claw was found in the matrix and left in, nicely cleaned on one side.

This is a cast. But I dont have any background of what skull this was cast from.

Still is cool though :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

This is a cast. But I dont have any background of what skull this was cast from.

It's from the Early Cretaceous of Brazil - name is something like Tropeognathus. Someone might have made a deal to make casts of that skull. Who knows. It could a cast of a museum specimen. It would be interesting to learn the background of the original.

• 3 weeks later...