4 New Trilobites

Dicranurus

Here is a couple new trilobite from my collection. I especially like Ehmaniella spencei.

Cryptolithoides ulrichi (Whittington) from Viola Limestone, Ordovician - Trentonian, Murray County, Oklahoma, USA.

Glyphaspis capella (Walcott) from Wolsey Shale, Middle Cambrian, Gallatin County, Montana, USA.

Ehmaniella spencei (Resser) from Spence Shale, Middle Cambrian, Liberty, Idaho, USA.

Cephalon of Calliops armatus from Pooleville member, Bromide Fm.,, Ordovician - blackriverian, Criner Hills, Carter Co., Oklahoma, USA.

post-1446-12582871727085_thumb.jpg

post-1446-12582872372199_thumb.jpg

post-1446-12582872760626_thumb.jpg

post-1446-12582873120229_thumb.jpg

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Nice bugs!!!

Jani how many Russian trilos do you have? I only have 3 or 4 and as far as i know they have sent from finland

Cheers Jose

Nice bugs!!!

Jani how many Russian trilos do you have? I only have 3 or 4 and as far as i know they have sent from finland

Cheers Jose

Hi Jose,

Thanks.

Yes, Many russian seller/collector send trilobites almost always via Finland, because Russia is very corrupted place. :) Sellers drive normally from St. Petersburg to Helsinki, Rauma or Lappeenranta.

I have these trilobites from Russia:

1) Asaphus cornutus

2) Asaphus kowalewskii

3) Asaphus latus

4) Asaphus lepidurus

5) Asaphus intermedius

6) Asaphus minor

7) Asaphus plautini

8) Asaphus punctatus

9) Cybele sp.

10) Illaenus sarsi

11) Illaenus wahlenbergii

12) Megistaspidella triangularis

13) Nieszkowskia osmussaarensis (Cephalon)

14) Onchometopus volborthi

15) Pliomera fischeri

16) Pseudoasaphus globifrons

17) Pseudobaselicus cf. planus

18) Pseudobasilicus lawrowi

19) Subasaphus spinifer longispinus

• I found this Informative 1

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

wooo great collection of Russian trilobites!!!!

I got mine from paleoart and those are pretty nice trilobites. Unfortunately i can not buy too much of those because of the prices.

Russian trilobites are unfortunately very expensive. :( Paleoart is a good seller. You can find same trilobite species' also in Sweden and Finland but normally their condition is not so good than russian ones (partially because swedish and finnish limestone is much harder).

I have sometimes (but not in the moment) extra trilobites from Russia so I can trade them if you are interested?

-Sir David Attenborough

Hi Jani,

Congratulations for your new trilobites.

I agree with Jose, Your Russian collection is awesome.

Cheers,

Jenaro