Please Explain This

Duppa

23 hours ago, FlyingRPh said:

Sidetrack aside... @Duppa, you said you went back. Did you take any more pics? I would like to see more of what you were describing...

Hey Mate, I've just put a heap of pics up for ya ;)

18 minutes ago, Duppa said:

I also found this a few hundred meters down stream. 

IMG_20200118_152315.jpg

There are some awesome pics. Im not a tree expert by any stretch (not in fossils in general either ;)) but personally, I would display that piece on my shelves at home... Even if it wasnt biologic in origin. Love it!!!

1 hour ago, FlyingRPh said:

There are some awesome pics. Im not a tree expert by any stretch (not in fossils in general either ;)) but personally, I would display that piece on my shelves at home... Even if it wasnt biologic in origin. Love it!!!

Me either mate, I just find it interesting :)

I'm happy you liked the photos! 

Yeah I bought that one home for the bench haha 

I admit, it does look like wood, and it may well be. I would like to see photos of the ends of the smaller piece that you held in your hand, if you still have it.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

8 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

I admit, it does look like wood, and it may well be. I would like to see photos of the ends of the smaller piece that you held in your hand, if you still have it.

Hi Mark, 

Yeah I have Photos of that. I have another thread on that one too. It has a strange layer/ring through it. Someone suggested how that came about and it all seemed to fit. I'll go back and see if I can find what it was called. Cheers. 

IMG_20200118_112407.jpg

Tonstein is what it was suggested, if you have heard of that? It all seems to fit. There are many ancient volcanoes (Peak Ranges) to the west as well as massive coal deposits (Bowen Basin) in a few hundred kilometrer radius. 

IMG_20200118_112404.jpg