Patho (?) Squalicorax P.

Frank Menser

It was a good run at the pond (in East NC), but now it is pretty grassed over and the heavy rains of last week exposed very little - despite heavy erosion. Still I decided to give it a last shot till next spring.

This tooth was a disapointment as it could have been a show stopper if it had been intact.

post-1313-1258395990179_thumb.jpg

One thing that set the two zones apart in the pond were the different sharks represented and the color of those. The ones in the orange zone (like the tooth above) were a variety of reds and oranges.

post-1313-12583963937193_thumb.jpg

In the older gray layer the majority of teeth were Squalicorax...

post-1313-12583961518965_thumb.jpg

The find of this last hunt was this Squal, odd because the fat side of the tooth has a ripple deformity best seen when held on edge (but dang hard to photograph)...

post-1313-12583963026608_thumb.jpgpost-1313-12583963026608_thumb.jpgpost-1313-12583963255331_thumb.jpg

post-1313-12583963493222_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

That are some nice squalicorax you found there. Especially the patho one is a real beauty. If you ever want to trade some of your squali's for dutch, just mail me. It would be a nice opprtunity to expand my growing collection of squali's. See my website www.patricksharkteeth.com

Patrick

That are some nice squalicorax you found there. Especially the patho one is a real beauty. If you ever want to trade some of your squali's for dutch, just mail me. It would be a nice opprtunity to expand my growing collection of squali's. See my website www.patricksharkteeth.com

Patrick

Nice website, Patrick.