11 Troodon Clutch

BadlandTraveller

Seen on an auction site. I highly doubt its a Troodon clutch but I thought I'd throw it out to the forums and see if anyone can ID it. 

Thanks

80943986_1_x.jpg

80943986_2_x.jpg

80943986_5_x.jpg

80943986_6_x.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Very nice nest and very real.  These are rare and relatively unknown.  I've seen them falsely labeled as Troodon, Protoceratops and Psittacasaurus eggs but remember... eggs are names for the shell type and not an attributed dinosaur species.  I don't think these have ever really been properly identified.  These are Asian, likely Mongolian.  Personally I'm drooling over this nest, wish it were in my collection!

@-Andy-

@Troodon

• I found this Informative 6

I echo what HamptonsDoc said. I can add one more potential name: Prismatoolithus

They look to be in very good condition for this particular type of egg. It would make a great pick-up

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Could you provide any better pictures? It is hard to tell from those, but I do not think it is Troodon, Prismatoolithus being the scientific name for Troodon eggs, since there appears to be a surface texture and Prismatoolithius has a smooth texture. Clutch arrangement is also different than what is normal for Prismatoolithius. That all said, they could be from a dinosaur not too distantly related to Troodontids. I suspect the eggs and matrix are real but again would like better pictures. @BadlandTraveller

Edited by CBchiefski
Added call out
  • I found this Informative 6