Finally Got Out To Hunt For Pet Wood Again! There Was A Ton!

silverphoenix

Well I finally made it out to a creek today to petrified wood hunt---the water is finally down low enough to get in there. There was petrified wood scattered all over the place from when the creek was flooded. I pulled out a 5 gallon bucket's worth of the nicest stuff and left behind the less nice pieces.

I found 2 cores that are by far the largest I have ever found!!! I'll definitely have some nice pieces to polish when I get around to it :D

Oh and I was very surprised because it seems I'm the first one to have hit this creek after all the rain--I surely thought someone would have beat me to it!

DSCI0005-2.jpg

DSCI0006-3.jpg

DSCI0007-2.jpg

DSCI0008-2.jpg

DSCI0009-1.jpg

DSCI0010-1.jpg

DSCI0011-1.jpg

DSCI0012-1.jpg

DSCI0013-1.jpg

Very nice stuff Silver, some of those pieces rival anything I used to find in AZ! WTG!!

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

You have some very nice pieces there.

Are they stable? you may want to stabilized them before they dry out and possible crack.

yegua formation wood is rock.

hey, sp - no show report? i picked up an interesting piece of handiwork there for my collection...

post-488-12585848315488_thumb.jpg

Sweet finds Silver!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

yegua formation wood is rock.

hey, sp - no show report? i picked up an interesting piece of handiwork there for my collection...

post-488-12585848315488_thumb.jpg

...been hiding in plain sight again, or sent mrs. tracer or young tracina to buy it.... :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

...been hiding in plain sight again, or sent mrs. tracer or young tracina to buy it.... :D

Hey John,lets get ahold of all the security tape from the show.We will see who bought the red bucket....

hahaha thanks for buying the sifter--I just wish I had put some paint on it, but nonetheless its functionality remains the exact same :D

Now I should do a show report now shouldn't I?

Well I think I'll go do that right now since you mentioned it.

Ah and I think I may head out to that same creek again tomorrow and perhaps to a couple other places to hunt wood--anyone game?

I'd love to come hunt with you, but am booked tomorrow!

What about Monday???

So I gotta ask - is that creek on campus??? Those round look pretty nice!

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Nice finds Silver! You have some really nice pieces there :D

I'm still trying to find a nice section of blue forest wood and/or a section replaced by red minerals. What's the color normally of those pieces when you polish them?

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I'll be free monday anytime up until 4:30--so just give me a call and we can get together for a hunt.

I haven't polished any of these pieces yet, but I really want to! These pieces have colors ranging from red and yellow to a translucent coffee brown color. I'll post pictures after I get some things polished on my Christmas break. I also picked up some more petrified wood today--2 more cores, though not nearly as nice--I'll post those when I get the time :D

I'd love to come hunt with you, but am booked tomorrow!

What about Monday???

So I gotta ask - is that creek on campus??? Those round look pretty nice!

O

Dude, you know where that creek is! Same place you skunked me on that round a couple of years back. :P