LincolnS

• New Members

Found an unknown leaf fossil in the central Washington Swauk formation. About 3.5 inches tip to base, 2.5 inches wide. 

82F9B1CD-E818-4D8F-A347-CC694149EC44.jpeg

• New Members

Hmmmm, it does look allot like milkweed. I was also considering some prehistoric locust, even though locust wasn’t native to Washington and is thought to have been brought here by settlers. Thanks. 

I personally live here and hunt at the chuckanut formation. I have found this plant too. Pls Pm me if you find out what it was. I had an idea but I forgot what exactly the genus name was

Not sure if you've had time to check out the link above posted by Micah.  Because your specimen looks very much like Betula largie on page 16/17.  I may be wrong but it's worth checking out.

52 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

Not sure if you've had time to check out the link above posted by Micah.  Because your specimen looks very much like Betula largie on page 16/17.  I may be wrong but it's worth checking out.

That is a Miocene species and the Swauk Formation is Eocene.

According to the experts this kind of pattern occurs in many different families, unfortunately an undescribed species.

• I found this Informative 4

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png