Globidens Mosasaur

jax

I acquired this tooth this week. It was found in Morocco, But they have found these babies in Texas, so maybe one day I will find one :D On a recent trip to SMU, I was shown entire jaw sections full of these teeth. They are really cool. And they sorta look like Ptychodus teeth, and those are my favorite sharks tooth.

post-221-12587664147237_thumb.jpg

post-221-12587664812051_thumb.jpg

post-221-12587665151685_thumb.jpg

post-221-12587665483833_thumb.jpg

These are very interesting teeth used for crushing (ammonoids?). The North African version is Globidens aegypticus.

post-42-12587721027652_thumb.jpg

Here's how the American version appeared:

post-42-12587721420815_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

what a beautiful tooth!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Guest N.AL.hunter

Nice tooth. I have two small whole ones from Frankstown, Mississippi. However, I have found fragments there that dwarf the whole ones. They are really neat.

Nice tooth. I have two small whole ones from Frankstown, Mississippi. However, I have found fragments there that dwarf the whole ones. They are really neat.

What, no picture?? ;)

Guest N.AL.hunter

Sorry for the bad focus. I just cant get the depth of field thing correct. I actually had three small ones. the large piece I mentioned is probably only the same size as you is.

Thats sweet Jax and now I know what it was Cierra found last week at the Sulphur. It was only half of one but now I know what to look for. Thanks for posting those.:D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Thats sweet Jax and now I know what it was Cierra found last week at the Sulphur. It was only half of one but now I know what to look for. Thanks for posting those.:D

oh, man! she found half of one?! maybe a sawfish got it!

Love threads like this. I didn't know Globidens was found in the USA... :D

post-1313-12588987947721_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

• 2 weeks later...