First Meg

aagreene

Thought I would share some photos from this morning. I found my first meg today, and ran into another guy who had found one just a bit earlier. Met lot's of nice people out there today.

Thanks to everyone who's shared info. and tips!

post-949-12588276620479_thumb.jpg

post-949-12588277041426_thumb.jpg

Now you have to learn the Meg Dance!

post-423-12588316242677.gif

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Way to go!! :goodjob: I still have my very first meg. Only 2 inches with tip damage found on the Potomac and at that time I had never seen a more beautiful fossil.

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

That's a beautiful tooth, thanks for the pics! I love that seascape, and the serrations on the fossil really please the eye! May you find many more:)

--- Gerard

Guest N.AL.hunter

It's a lie!! It's a lie I tell you.... whole Megs are a myth. Sure, my wife and I found two partials, but I suspect they were planted there by my fellow hunters to keep me looking for the mythical whole Meg. Just like those mean older boy scouts had me looking for Snipes. :angry:

Del, what equipment are you employing in your meg quest?

To succeed, you need a pillowcase and a flashlight...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Del, what equipment are you employing in your meg quest?

To succeed, you need a pillowcase and a flashlight...

I am not falling for that one for the 4th time!! No way!

Hey Aagreen. That find had to really make your day. I am happy for you. A meg is one of the things that ive always wanted to find but never have. Good going and I hope you find many more.

RB

Congrats! I passed on Brownies this am at 6:30 am and went south to my favorite hole. Thankfully I was rewarded with my 2.675" mako (see my post) or I would be quite p'od about now as I'm still in search of my first meg as well. Glad you hit the jackpot today. Well done!

Edited by hokiehunter

It's a lie!! It's a lie I tell you.... whole Megs are a myth. Sure, my wife and I found two partials, but I suspect they were planted there by my fellow hunters to keep me looking for the mythical whole Meg. Just like those mean older boy scouts had me looking for Snipes. :angry:

I sympathize completely! Ive averaged at least several dozen hunts a year for over 8 years, and considerably more in recent years and I have only one small complete meg to show for it. I know big ones are there - i find fragments of teeth that had to have been at least 5 inches. One of these days...