Trip Was A Bust

bigjohn835

Well my trip up state didn't yield any keepers. In fact all I found was an arrowhead, that I found by kneeling on it. Ouch! But, it's still a beautiful area, so it was still nice to just get away for a couple days. I posted some pics.

post-1183-12589182346542_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589182435388_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589182550865_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589182825166_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589182931927_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589183111736_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589183211364_thumb.jpg

post-1183-12589183496844_thumb.jpg

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Ahhh, eastern edge of the "Big Level"...

Sorry you didn't hit the fossil lode :( . There is somewhere near a vertical quarter mile of formation, exposed in 30 foot bits-and-pieces, and only a few discrete layers are particularly fossiliferous. Finding one of those takes time and luck. Nice point though! In 50 years of summer and fall visits there, I have found precisely zero artifacts.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here's the arrowhead.

Cool little point, down here it would be called a Duval. B)B)B):)

Edited by worthy 55

It's my bone!!!

Dominion of that area before European settlement shifted back and forth between the Seneca and the Iroquois. I wonder if the maker of that point could be identified?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey bigjohn, I like your attitude. All of us fossil hunters have had 'Bust' trips. I cant count how many times ive come home wet, muddy, dirty, hungry, tired and sore and have nothing to show for it, but like you said, its still nice to get out. I do wish you better luck next time though.

RB

Very pretty place and point.:)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Neat point.. but bummer on not finding a lot else... IMHO, if I find zero, I'm happy just to have escaped this zoo I live in.. :D

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

No hunt is like the other, I really hope your luck turns around.

I myself had a dry spell that lasted over a year.. and I'm still in a brutal one at this time.

At least you came back with something, and it is very nice.

Dominion of that area before European settlement shifted back and forth between the Seneca and the Iroquois. I wonder if the maker of that point could be identified?

How would you do that? All I know is that it's a shiney brown rock, and hurt my knee. lol.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

yes, mohican. (flipped a three-sided coin).

Here's the arrowhead.

That is a nice little point i learned form a bunch of them that those little guys no matter how small are still great! :D