Random

Steve Jr

These are creek rocks that we got from Scioto County, Ohio to use as border for our landscape. I really have no idea what I'm looking at, but I thought they were pretty cool. All these pics but the first one are of the same rock there are imprints covering it.

post-2519-1258933566624_thumb.gif

post-2519-12589335854136_thumb.gif

post-2519-1258933599965_thumb.gif

post-2519-12589336112277_thumb.gif

post-2519-12589336251275_thumb.gif

post-2519-12589336361959_thumb.gif

"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live." -Joan Borysenko

Dunno what they are.. but I'd love to have a fireplace built from stuff like that!

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

These are creek rocks that we got from Scioto County, Ohio to use as border for our landscape. I really have no idea what I'm looking at, but I thought they were pretty cool. All these pics but the first one are of the same rock there are imprints covering it.

Here in oklahoma I see alot of what you have on the first picture up around lake tenkiller, which I believe is pennsylvanian but I could be wrong.

A burrow or trackway, brachiopods (the "sea shells"), crinoid ("sea lily") stalk segments (the little round poker chip looking impressions), the other I'm not sure about.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

A burrow or trackway, brachiopods (the "sea shells"), crinoid ("sea lily") stalk segments (the little round poker chip looking impressions), the other I'm not sure about.

Thank you that is extremely helpful!!

"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live." -Joan Borysenko

Will it hurt these to stay outside? They will probably degrade won't they? They are part of my walkway.

These are impressions; degradation will be a loooong process. They will last longer than any of us. They bare perfect walkway fossils. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

These are impressions; degradation will be a loooong process. They will last longer than any of us. They bare perfect walkway fossils. :)

Awesome I appreciate all of your input, and it is about 3/8".

Guest Smilodon

Here in oklahoma I see alot of what you have on the first picture up around lake tenkiller, which I believe is pennsylvanian but I could be wrong.

I have one very similar to #1 from Oklahoma and have always wondered what made it - some type of worm? I'll see if I can find it.

I have one very similar to #1 from Oklahoma and have always wondered what made it - some type of worm? I'll see if I can find it.

I'm thinking crinoid stem impressions. But I don't know. Where I have seen them the rocks were just covered with them they are all over but I could't find any other sign of crinoids?????