Giant Mosasaur Tooth..

lordpiney

here's some pics of the largest mos tooth ive ever seen from around these parts. it was found in big brook nj last month by a good friend of mine. he found it 5 feet from where i was standing. lucky bastred! lol.

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

Nice Phil, very nice. How do you tell the differance between a Mosasaur tooth and a Croc tooth? They look so simular. The tooth I found at inversand has both longitudinal and circuferential ridges, it's not round at the base or anywere along it's length. More of a slight blade shape.

hey john...thanks. mos teeth are more oval in the cross section than croc teeth. plus the blade ridges are more pronounced on a mos tooth than a croc's. the people at the dvps all said it was one of the largest mos tooth they had ever seen. it's a monster.

Very nice! smile.gif Looks to be about the same size as Creek Crawler's. His being the largest I have ever seen from this area.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice toof! I thought we only grew them that big here in Tx :D

The one in my avatar measures 2 1/4" to the last bit of enamel where it attaches to the root.

That's big!

I'm glad someone asked about the difference between Mos and croc teeth because I had no idea until now.

Hey Phil ,I think if you had posted this before Monday somehow collecting fossils in the rain would not have seemed so bad. :)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Guest Smilodon

here's some pics of the largest mos tooth ive ever seen from around these parts. it was found in big brook nj last month by a good friend of mine. he found it 5 feet from where i was standing. lucky bastred! lol.

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

Mos def! Sorry I missed it.