Is there fossils in Lytle Creek, California

whovin

I searched every body of water on Rockd to see any sedimentary deposits that are near me; there is nothing. Everything is metamorphic, but then I came across Lytle Creek. I wen't on the map on Rockd and checked and it said something about sediment deposits. The info was too confusing; I couldn't find any easier info.

@whovin, have patience, many members on the forum are very busy and cannot always be on the forum. That coupled with the vastness of the fossil world and the limited information one person can maintain means it can take time to receive answers. Likely the members who have your answers have not seen this post yet. Wait and good things will come to you. I'm sure someone will be along in the relatively near future.

• I found this Informative 4

@whovinPS. I've just done a bit of googling for you and found this which may or may not be of help to you. According to the map, the sedimentary deposits are all either Holocene, Pleistocene, Pliocene or Miocene. 

• I found this Informative 3

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I looked at the Geologic Map of the 

Devore 7.5’ Quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California.

of01-173_map.pdf

None of the units look promising for fossils. You might take a look at the adjacent maps. Substitute the name Devore in the above map for the name of quadrangle that you want. For example substitute the name Cajon for Devore. 

3D70B9A0-841D-4013-8A18-E5AE63E7A96A.png

• I found this Informative 2

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

I grew up 15 miles from Lytle Creek and spent quite a bit of time there. If there are any sediments that hold fossils it would likely be under a least 100 feet or more of overburden. 

The creek bed runs the entire width of the valley between the mountains and is constantly adding more alluvial sediments to it all the time.  Especially since there were extensive hydraulic gold mining operations conducted in it during the late 19th century.

Sorry, but all you are going to find is granitic/metamorphic rocks and course sands the entire length.

• I found this Informative 5

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

From THIS WEBSITE.  CAUTION. INFORMATION IS VERY OLD, AND IS PROBABLY NO LONGER ACCURATE!

Start your research here.  ;) 

Riverside county sites:

Riversidecountylocations.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me