Cephalon

Rockwood

This was found in Maine, but was likely brought in from Quebec by a Canadian railroad company.

IMG_5187a.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Isotelus,  perhaps. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree with Isotelus, accompanied by a Rafinesquina brachiopod.  This suggests an Ordovician age, which is not very consistent with the spiny brachiopod you posted in another thread.  Hmmm...

Don

20 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

I agree with Isotelus, accompanied by a Rafinesquina brachiopod.  This suggests an Ordovician age, which is not very consistent with the spiny brachiopod you posted in another thread.  Hmmm...

Don

Consistency in the age would not really be expected. Some of the rock looks as if it has been there for some time and some is a more recent addition. Coincidentally, a Canadian company owned the line for most of my early life and has recently reacquired it. That's what makes me look west for the source. 

Track ballast? Back in Ohio they would use Silurian dolomite full of fossils. But I never knew if it was Ohio or elswhere.

3 minutes ago, erose said:

Track ballast?

Sort of. Apparently it's the cheap stuff though. They seemed to be fixing up a siding well enough to store empty cars on with it, but never on the main line.

Just as well though. The cars make a handy roof in the rain and snow. ;) 

• I found this Informative 2