North Carolina Teeth Variety

aurora

As my first post I would like to say great site! ;) I am a shark tooth dude so I thought i would post a few teeth from the collection. NC is a great place for shark teeth, not as good as SC but hey its well worth it if you ever wanna try some locations there. first tooth is a angustidens from the martin marietta quarry in maysville, second is a chubatensis from the great aurora fossil mine in aurora NC, third is from the very shark tooth abundant GREENS MILL RUN in greenville NC, the last two(great white and mako) are also from the green mill run location. I dont live in north carolina anymore and man do i miss it.Oh yeah I think the mako is a patho too.

post-2550-1260139860859_thumb.jpg

post-2550-1260139884667_thumb.jpg

post-2550-12601399040942_thumb.jpg

post-2550-12601399155712_thumb.jpg

Edited by aurora

Welcome to the Forum!

How do you feed your habit now?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome to the Forum!

How do you feed your habit now?

well now my father and I have recently rejoined the north carolina fossil club. last time i actually looked for shark teeth was in 2006 when my father and I went into the lee creek mine. im pretty sure there are no fossils here in eastern tennesse.

...im pretty sure there are no fossils here in eastern tennesse.

No Megs, maybe, but fossils you have!

Start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_Tennessee

See where it leads you :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome from MD :) NC is a great place for all kinds of teeth :) Aurora is one of my favorite places :)

I've never heard of martin marietta quarry before. I'll have to check that out :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Nice teeth you have there and welcome to the forum

from Calgary Alberta

Do you always find coins with the teeth :money:

Welcome to the family and I like your teeth!;)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Welcome from MD :) NC is a great place for all kinds of teeth :) Aurora is one of my favorite places :)

I've never heard of martin marietta quarry before. I'll have to check that out :)

Martin marietta is the name of the company that is mining the quarry ( Martin marietta aggregates). some call it belgrade or the onslo county mine.

Welcome from E. North Carolina!

The GMR isn't what it used to be (over collected) but there are still some fine fossils around here. I do recall some 40 years ago meeting an old gentleman in S. Florida who lined his driveway with some of the largest fern trunks I have ever seen (some well over a foot across). he said he collected them in East Tenn.

Be true to the reality you create.