Something To Keep Me Busy

bigjohn835

Well, I'm getting surgery to fix a few things, so I will be off work for awhile. So, I figuired I would get me something to keep me busy. Hope I dont muck it up. Let me know what you think, did I do ok for $26.00?

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Hey bigjohn I got one of them

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

$26 is a real bargain for surgery; I hope they don't muck it up! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yeah, I don't see a picture John :( If you spent 26 bucks for nothing than I say that was a bad deal ^_^;)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I saw this yesterday, and thought I was missing something :P

My first thought on that crab is, that I hope its a crab. Im no expert, but I havent seen many "Large" crabs come from Fort Worth. It has the look of one. Did he mention the formation at all?? I didnt see it in the auction.

Good luck on the surgery.

First of all that crab looks exactly like the crab concretions from the Ripley Formation in Alabama (as in the attached picture). Image is from: http://www.bps-al.org/trips/20060819.html

Secondly all I have heard about these crabs is that they are pretty much impossible to get out of the concretion. I think there was a thread about them on this site quite a while ago. Still, it's worth a shot, and if it works you should have a great specimen. Good luck!

Don

post-528-12602377830004_thumb.jpg

First of all that crab looks exactly like the crab concretions from the Ripley Formation in Alabama (as in the attached picture). Image is from: http://www.bps-al.org/trips/20060819.html

Secondly all I have heard about these crabs is that they are pretty much impossible to get out of the concretion. I think there was a thread about them on this site quite a while ago. Still, it's worth a shot, and if it works you should have a great specimen. Good luck!

Don

Did you get that one out?

don't think you can go to wrong for $26, good luck with it!

Don that looks like a nice crab! Is it yours? Have you tried prepping it out?

Well, I'm getting surgery to fix a few things, so I will be off work for awhile. So, I figuired I would get me something to keep me busy. Hope I dont muck it up. Let me know what you think, did I do ok for $26.00?

Good luck with the surgery. Good luck with the concretion that may only look like a crab (but mostly good luck with the surgery).

Better be a fossil, or I'm rounding up a Texas posse to kick some butt! He dont want me to come to Texas!

Looks like an interesting project. Good luck with your surgery!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/