Leave them be?

jerseygurl

Hello All,

First let me say that I am happy to have this forum. It is great to have such a diverse community at our finger tips. 

I have lots of common beach finds that I am not able to ID and so I am wondering if I should stop picking them up. Thoughts and advice as to what these fragments might be. I’m especially interested in the top left corner items, as I do not know what formed them into that shape. Everything Else I can identify - gastropod molds, Indian point, teeth, coral, and maybe some bone fragments. 
The last 3 pics are of an item I found a few years ago in the same area.  I did not know what it was until I got it home and cleaned it up -glad I did not leave that one Be! It is amazing.

Unfortunately, your photos aren't big enough to see any detail. :( 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

FAIL!  Sorry, I will retry.  

Here is a better detail of what i am trying to id.  I have given up on posting the rest.

whatami.jpg

The only one I know for sure is the gray color fossil on the bottom row is a Horn Coral

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

The big fragment looks like its has a structure of bone, most of them could be bone/trace fossil fragments or just concretions. The problem with them is that they are too weathered. I would continue picking them up until something fresh and fairly preserved shows up. The second thing to do is find information about this location fossil-wise (simple internet search, local museums)

Thank You for the help.  I spend a good amount of time researching and even check actual books out of my university library to gain the best understanding of the area. I was able to get a better picture of my best find at the location and posted it below. I found it a few years ago and it (along with of the occasional perfect unweathered finds) keep me going back. Especially when I don’t have time to go to the brooks.

95CA9DC2-B579-40C3-A699-6E01EC0A8426.jpeg

B02E1D3F-126F-4DFB-ADD2-8FD6D700AAE4.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Thank You for the help.  I spend a good amount of time researching and even check actual books out of my university library to gain the best understanding of the area. I was able to get a better picture of my best find at the location and posted it below. I found it a few years ago and it (along with of the occasional perfect unweathered finds) keep me going back. Especially when I don’t have time to go to the brooks. 

BTW.. no idea why that coral was on the beach. Maybe someone was tired of their fish tank....