Lee Creek Megalodon Teeth

aurora

I found the big 4 incher completely exposed on its back side in 2001 and my father found the little black meg in a pungo spoil pile, I believe the cox corner spoil pile if anybody is familiar with it. it is very hard to find good megs from the pungo spoil piles because the process of mining that layer for the phosphate is so damaging to the larger teeth.

post-2550-12603212532341_thumb.jpg

post-2550-12603212812225_thumb.jpg

post-2550-12603213333309_thumb.jpg

post-2550-12603214340849_thumb.jpg

very nice of you to share photos of your lee creek finds. there are a lot of people here who are very interested in that kind of thing. it's a place many dream about visiting.

very nice of you to share photos of your lee creek finds. there are a lot of people here who are very interested in that kind of thing. it's a place many dream about visiting.

your very welcome tracer! :D . it is my favorite place in the world and i found my self a beauty that day. im still hoping to go back, last time was in 2006.

The Cox Cross Roads pile is now gone, but there is still some spoil piles still in the area.

yeah i heard it was gone. I like the tooth next to your name, lee creek it looks like. if you have directions to those other spoil piles I would be very thankful. :) I already have been the the piles at the aurora fossil museum so you could count that out.

Both are very nice, thanks for sharing! I love that place as well :wub:

It's also really have to get a good reworked meg, the black ones are the toughest (imo) to get whole. I always get broken ones :(

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Sweet finds!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

aurora......I think the patina or the colour of the teeth from here is fantastic, its haunting how it changes through the tooth, like stained marble.... I had to buy one off ebay myself quite a while back as im in the UK.... keep posting your finds, they are very much appreciated and id like to see them....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Those are beautiful megs! The pungo tooth looks a lot like the teeth we find from the phosphate-rich deposits here in the lowcountry. Very nice!!!

CBK