Lepidodendron Tree In All Its Shapes

docdutronc

I think those furrows are character aging bark, I have probably finding a very basal part of a trunk, according to Professor LAVEINE the typical Lepidodendron leaf cushions were only visible on the upper part of trunk .....Stigmaria, the underground system, with its rootlets....

post-967-12609033975435_thumb.jpg

post-967-12609034970464_thumb.jpg

the typical form with leaf scars was probably in the middle part of the trunk.... and branches which divide dichotomously...

post-967-1260903715974_thumb.jpg

post-967-12609037749618_thumb.jpg

the two arrows indicate the two directions followed by the main branches, the leaf cushions are slightly distorted, this part is located at a main junction......This specimen weighs about 30 kilograms and measures 40 centimeters long.....

post-967-12609050811709_thumb.jpg

post-967-12609051089255_thumb.jpg

Bruno.... Very nice....the dividing branch is awsome....Ive never seen one preserved in any shale that wouldnt fall apart before... well done.... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

The book! Finish the book! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'll take 5! :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I want one or two. Will add it to my wish list. Good job Doc hope its completed soon.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Bruno, the design of those pages is exactly what we need! I have never been exposed to a "coal swamp" guide that promoted the connoisseurship of the whole plant; bravo!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bruno..... I think its going to be absolutely stunning!!!!! :D ...I think the quality of preservation of the fossil material you find in your region will make this a really special book.....will there be a section for Id'ing all the various types of barks that you have found with photos to compare.... to bring all the various papers together as one reference book kind of thing?.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Hi Bruno, very nice layout! Photography and the specimens themselves are wonderful as always. Definitely looking forward to the final completed works as everyone else has already mentioned.

I'm rushing things as always and bet you probably already have this planned, but I'll go ahead and say I'd like to see a scale for each picture/drawing to give us some idea of the size for each of the specimens, along with a caption with the general fossil part name, genus/species name, and age/location of each.

Are you going to charge extra for signed autographed copies?? I'll pay!

Regards, Chris