A couple of visitors from Holland

Ludwigia

13 minutes ago, Everhardus said:

I just wanted to post some pictures of the Danube trip but Roger just beat me to it. So all i can say it's been a hell of a trip. Roger has been extremely generous sharing his sites with us. I'm sure i would have found some ammonites in the Wutach valley but most certainly not the quality and quantity i have found at the Callovian site. So thanks again Roger, it was great fun meeting up with you ! Thanks Marcel & Josette

By the way, i a week or so i'll probably find the time to do some prepping. I'll post the results ofcourse....

It was my pleasure. You two make for great company. Looking forward to seeing your results, but enjoy the time with the kids first.

13 minutes ago, Everhardus said:

Great prepwork on the Danube ammonites and fast as lightning !

I've got nothing better to do right now :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Yesterday evening i found a bit of time to do a first prep. It’s not quite finished yet but i’m rather pleased allready with the result on this Macrosephalites ( i think).

B4FE6D20-E026-4737-A63C-B43D85825924.jpeg

1 hour ago, Everhardus said:

Yesterday evening i found a bit of time to do a first prep. It’s not quite finished yet but i’m rather pleased allready with the result on this Macrosephalites ( i think).

Very good. Yes, it's a Macrocephalites. What's the diameter?

7 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Very good. Yes, it's a Macrocephalites. What's the diameter?

About 5 cm !

9 minutes ago, JimB88 said:

Wow Roger, your collection is awesome! And your wife doesnt seem to mind it eh?

Nope. I'm one of the lucky ones. She even suggested displaying some of them in the living room recently :)

• 2 months later...

So, as promised here's some pictures of my preps from the Callovian site until now. First of all i worked on these small Macrosephalites which tend to be quite good from this site....

duo macrsephalites.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

The first two visits of the site were very enjoyable. It was quite possible to dig to the productive layer without having to worry too much about the overburden and now and then something would pop up to keep us going, mostly small ammonites. On my 3rd visit we really got lucky because we found this big Macrosephalites. I'm more than pleased with this find !

Macrosephalites.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

Btw, this one is about 15 cm, so a really good catch. The fist day Roger also took us to another site where i spotted this beautiful Trigonia

IMG_5669.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

1 hour ago, Everhardus said:

Not sure about this species, maybe Roger knows...

I also can't figure out what this one might be. It looks like a Choffatia from the front, but what throws me is the channel between the ribs on the keel. Normally they run continuously from one side to the other, as they normally do with Homeoplanulites as well. Maybe it's an anomally or maybe there is a species I don't know about which has this structure on the inner whorls before the ribs come together later. By the way, the Callovian bivalve is a nicely preserved Chlamys textoria. Anyway, Marcel, it looks like you did very well at that site! And you did a good job at prepping them as well.

1 hour ago, crabfossilsteve said:

Wow what a score on your trip, those ammonites are beauts and that Trigonia is outstanding.

I agree very much !