Need help ID this megalodon tooth

Hello newbie here again ... need some help on this megalodon tooth .Is this real / have any red flag? .this is my first time attempting to buy big meg tooth ,the seller is quite reputable and really a nice guy but i just wanna make sure .

thank for helping me and sorry for my poor english .

edit: number on tooth represent number of specimen not the price.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks good to me, to it also looks like it’s a little bit pathological! Not a bone valley tooth though.

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Looks good to me, to it also looks like it’s a little bit pathological! Not a bone valley tooth though.

5 minutes ago, fossilselachian said:

Not a typical bone valley tooth.

thank ! yeah not from bone valley ,my bad in misleading about location. but nevertheless a nice tooth in your opinion ?

It looks real to me, but did the seller say it's from Bone Valley? It doesn't appear to be from Bone Valley.

1 hour ago, BellamyBlake said:

It looks real to me, but did the seller say it's from Bone Valley?  It doesn't appear to be from Bone Valley.

that is my bad put wrong location in the post. seller mention another tooth that came from bone volley. anyway thank! 

The tooth is a genuine meg. I don't see any red flags. As others have said, I don't think it came from Bone Valley. 

5 hours ago, Praefectus said:

The tooth is a genuine meg. I don't see any red flags. As others have said, I don't think it came from Bone Valley. 

thank!May i ask about the condition of this tooth? is it a common/nice/low grade tooth in your opinion? 

We aren't allowed to give monetary evaluations of fossils. I will say the tooth has decent size and is somewhat average quality. It is symmetrical and the bourlette is present. Many collectors prefer if their teeth have sharp serrations, shiny enamel, pretty colors, and other excessive features. If you don't mind that the tooth is not flawless, I think it is a good pick-up. 

• I found this Informative 2

7 minutes ago, Guns said:

thank!May i ask about the condition of this tooth? is it a common/nice/low grade tooth in your opinion? 

The enamel and root seem pretty well intact, other than the chips of course. There are no serrations though, and the blade is worn. It's a pretty decent tooth all the same. I sure wouldn't call it low grade.

2 hours ago, Praefectus said:

We aren't allowed to give monetary evaluations of fossils. I will say the tooth has decent size and is somewhat average quality. It is symmetrical and the bourlette is present. Many collectors prefer if their teeth have sharp serrations, shiny enamel, pretty colors, and other excessive features. If you don't mind that the tooth is not flawless, I think it is a good pick-up. 

2 hours ago, BellamyBlake said:

The enamel and root seem pretty well intact, other than the chips of course. There are no serrations though, and the blade is worn. It's a pretty decent tooth all the same. I sure wouldn't call it low grade.

thank you a lot guys. you are all legend! 

love this community.

Not Bone valley.

Condition: Real, but bellow average. Bourlette is NOT present, it's eroded/worn off... No serrations, completely worn... Enamel is average. Blade and root have hydration cracks... Tooth has been buffed... It's not pathological, but there is a dent from possibly feeding damage... Size is average... It's a typical low-quality commercial grade meg, usually called "junker", since they are found by the ton in quality like this, not flawless is not even close to the word selection that should be used to describe it; but still a meg/fossil, great as a gift for kids or as a beginner collector's tooth, but should be affordable.

8 hours ago, aeon.rocks said:

Not Bone valley.

Condition: Real, but bellow average. Bourlette is NOT present, it's eroded/worn off... No serrations, completely worn... Enamel is average. Blade and root have hydration cracks... Tooth has been buffed... It's not pathological, but there is a dent from possibly feeding damage... Size is average... It's a typical low-quality commercial grade meg, usually called "junker", since they are found by the ton in quality like this, not flawless is not even close to the word selection that should be used to describe it; but still a meg/fossil, great as a gift for kids or as a beginner collector's tooth, but should be affordable.

thank you so much for the information. that will be my first big(average size)meg tooth.and yes this tooth is very affordable.