New Acquisition

Mike Owens

Just had to share! This is the most perfect Meg I have ever seen in person! Just received this afternoon. I want to publicly thank Bill, at Megateeth, for delivering a more than advertised quality tooth. My Christmas is complete. I now need to save up for a Momma Meg to complete my Meg family.

One Happy Camper! tongue.gif

Mike

post-15-12614305087062_thumb.jpg

post-15-12614305439396_thumb.jpg

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Breathtaking! Congratulations :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks to all for your kind comments. It will be awhile before I can get Momma Meg. I will have to sell the last of my "toys" to get it. I'm just not ready to do that right now. I'm still greiving for my number one toy that left me this month to pay for this new Meg & provide some Christmas money.sad.gifnotfair.gif

Boy Mike that sure is a great meg.It has it all! I really like that 6" one you showed me.The color on it is insane!! It's the first time I have ever held that large of a tooth. The largest I have is 4". That extra 2" sure makes it an impressive fossil.

I found a meg just like that.....then the alarm clock went off :(

Great tooth and a great start for your Christmas!!

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

I found a meg just like that.....then the alarm clock went off sad.gif

Great tooth and a great start for your Christmas!!

I have found out over the years that the presents I treasure the most are usually the ones that are from me to me. Me seems to know exactly what me wants more than anyone else. Funny how that works.happy.gif

Here's a comparison with a larger Meg & a 2 1/4" Texas tooth (Maybe Cretodus crassidens? Would appreciate a positive I.D. from one you shark experts).

Corrected typo. Not 2 1/2. Sorry 'bout that.

post-15-12615153553292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Owens

Here's a comparison with a larger Meg & a 2 1/2" Texas tooth (Maybe Cretodus crassidens? Would appreciate a positive I.D. from one you shark experts).

At 2.5", I would agree you have a nice example of Cretodus crassidens. There are a limited number of shark species from the Cretaceous that reach 2.5" and C. crassidens is one of them.

Wow what a pretty tooth! That would make my Christmas.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wow what a pretty tooth! That would make my Christmas.

Have you been a good little girl?

Have you been a good little girl?

Of course I have!! Im just GOOD like that:D!!!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

At 2.5", I would agree you have a nice example of Cretodus crassidens. There are a limited number of shark species from the Cretaceous that reach 2.5" and C. crassidens is one of them.

Thanks for your comments. Also your comments made me catch my typo. I have larger teeth that would have exceeded 3" (broken blades & roots).

Of course I have!! Im just GOOD like that:D!!!

Too, bad. You difinitely had at a shot at getting one. wink.gif

:notfair::notfair::notfair::cigar::cigar:

Thats okay I have a beautiful baby meg and im hoping to find the momma and daddy this summer!

Edited by barefootgirl

Alfred North Whithead

You :Pscoundrel!

<she deserved it, though>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You tongue.gifscoundrel!

<she deserved it, though>

Yes I'm. cool.gif (And yes she did.) She's really sweet & I hope to get to meet her soon. `

Well your both just rotten<_< and evidently Christmas is off. When Santa had heard that i was good this year he died laughing.:o:o

Edited by barefootgirl

Alfred North Whithead

Well your both just rotten<_< and evidently Christmas is off. When Santa had heard that i was good this year he died laughing.ohmy.gif:o

Touche! LMAORITF! Merry Christmas to you too! tongue.gif