Honeycomb pattern patches - New Photos

Paleome

The size of each of these photos is about 6mm x 8mm.  Sorry, a few or part of some of the photos are blurry.  

Dzik found an angaraspid protaspid* with somewhat similar ornament in Siberia,

* edit: with an Ordovician age

Edited by doushantuo

1 hour ago, Paleome said:

The size of each of these photos is about 6mm x 8mm.  Sorry, a few or part of some of the photos are blurry.  

Oops, this piece of information is incorrect.  The actual dimensions are as given in the original post.  Sorry for my mixup.  

Thank you, Doushantuo, for your input.  Though it is from the Ordovician, this still may be a clue.

Did you mean anglaspid?  I tried to look it up, but couldn't find "angaraspid".  Isn't a protaspid a very early stage trilobite?  Please clarify.  Thank you.

don't you mean "AGLASPID"?;):ninja:

Naraoiids can be considered  as "trilobitomorphs".

Edited by doushantuo

Initially, when I saw these, I thought they might be fragments of trilobite eyes, and I posted them as such.  That idea was rejected by everyone who responded, and I would like to know why. 

The size of these patches, 1 to 2 mm long, would be about the right size for a trilobite eye of that time.  The tiny hexagonal structures within could have held the lenses, couldn't they?  Please tell me why these can't be eye structures, then we can move on.  I am anxious to learn from those of you who know more than I do.  Thank you for any and all input.