Only 2 Miles From My House.

Mango

Slept in this morning and missed the good tides for fishing. Headed back to the construction site this afternoon for a couple of hours.

Found a couple of broken, but nice megs. I am very happy with me mako finds.

The ear bones are firsts for me. Only found one large vert today.

Took a pic of one of the ponds being drained. This one is not as deep as others I have seen empty there. I got down near the bottom, and saw what looked like gravel. It was different that the gravel containing fossils that has been spread above.

My back couldn't take more hunched over hunting, so I just walked around slowly with my head down. Found less teeth, but bigger ones. About 100 teeth per hour right now. That number goes down drastically after each visit. Normally I leave smaller teeth for others to find, but in this case, it wont be long before this is all paved, landscaped, or plowed under.

post-1351-126197109853_thumb.jpg

post-1351-12619711366647_thumb.jpg

post-1351-12619711691591_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1261971208741_thumb.jpg

post-1351-12619712536521_thumb.jpg

post-1351-12619713047566_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

I knew it was going to be a good trip. I hopped out of my truck, walked 50 feet and found this guy. First find of the day.

post-1351-12619714115214_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Thank you for the nice comments. I wish the days were longer, so I could hit this spot after work. It seems to brighten my day every time I go there.

I wish I could buy this property. It is large acreage bordering a rich neighborhood.

Small world today. A guy came into my shop today to have me weld his radiator. We got talking and fossils came up. He told me that he used to take his kids all the time. He told me he and his kids counted and kept track of all his teeth collected. The total for his collection is 38,000 teeth. He started to describe the setting where he did most of his collecting. New subdivision. Large ponds dug out and spread as fill to the surrounding area. Just like the spot I am looking in. Then he told me location. It is literally across the street from where I am hunting. His hunting ended 8 years ago, and his spot has since been covered over and developed with a high school, and a golf course.

There is a mine/quarry about 5 miles away. Boy would I like to get in there.

Pentax Optio W60

Move over Mango you have a very sweet site and the teeth that you are finding there are in great shape WTG. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Green with envy!!!!! Nice colours! In our construction sites we only finds concrete blocks with mafia people... :D