One Last Trip Of 2009

hokiehunter

Had the morning off work and couldn't let the full moon tide pass me by. Beach was totally picked over and I was about ready to give up without finding diddly when I looked down and this beauty said hello. Not sure how it was missed because it was half frozen in a puddle completely exposed in an area that had been above the tide for at least 48 hrs. Not complaining though. Also, can anyone confirm my thoughts that this is a carcharocles chubutensis tooth?

post-2363-12622183793439_thumb.jpg

post-2363-12622183919158_thumb.jpg

Very nice tooth! Could be a juvenile meg.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Between the cusp-bumps and the "long" serrations (shows best on the labial-side pic), I am prepared to congratulate you on a beautiful Chub!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Pretty, I really like the color combination and it looks perfect.

Here are a couple I pulled out of the Peace River yesterday. Maybe December is a great month for megs. I really had not found any Megs until 3 weeks ago. These 2 makes 5 this month, all about the same size. The one on the left is 2 inches on the lateral.

post-2220-12622240812392_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Between the cusp-bumps and the "long" serrations (shows best on the labial-side pic), I am prepared to congratulate you on a beautiful Chub!

Thanks for the confirmation. I compared the tooth to a similar sized 3/4 Meg tooth I have that was collected from the same site and no cusp bumps are present on that tooth so that's what got me really thinking it was probably a Chub. Glad to add it to my collection. Funny how one of the worst days I've ever had collecting turned into one of the best on a single tooth. A blessing and a curse I think though because that's what keeps me searching waaaay longer than I should on some days. Thanks again to all that responded.

• 2 weeks later...