Please help me prove these are dinosaur eggs

rebeltrot2

• New Members

I acquired these through an estate sale I don't know much about this kinda thing but I'm fascinated with them now please help me determine if they are in fact dinosaur eggs they resemble pics I've seen online help please

I read your tags. What is an "ekephant"? Did you mean elephant? If so, you should be aware that elephants do not lay eggs. They are livebearers. 

P.S. -- Photos would make identification of your specimen(s) much easier. Also, you should post items for identification in the ID section of the forum. This thread covers how to use the forum and its functional information.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Topic moved to Is It Real?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

20 hours ago, Troodon said:

@Mark Kmiecik

The eggs of the Aepyornis from Madagascar are also known  the elephant bird eggs. Often sold as composited eggs

Photo  From Smithsonian article

bms_elephant_bird_egg_2.jpg.793e8aacc184d2972e265c453c816d44.jpg

Could make a really big omelette with one of those...

17 hours ago, Troodon said:

The eggs of the Aepyornis from Madagascar

For future readers, the attribution of these eggs are undergoing review and revision. That there are several species represented is likely, but there may be a split at the Genus level coming as well.

If the specimen pictured is entire (not pieced-up from fragments) and not a reproduction, it would join an elite club: there are only 12 or 13 whole "Elephant Bird" eggs known to exist.

• I found this Informative 4

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Please help me prove these are dinosaur eggs