2010 Tallahassee Florida Fossil And Arrowhead Show

PrehistoricFlorida

Mark your calenders for the 2010 Tallahassee Show on February 27.

The ninth annual Tallahassee Native American Artifact and Fossil Show will be held February 27, 2010 8:00am-3:00pm.

The show will be held in the Elks Lodge, 276 N. Magnolia Drive, Tallahassee, Florida.

This year's show will feature 80 tables of the some of the finest Florida, Georgia, and Alabama artifacts and fossils ever found, with several collections that have never before been publicly displayed. There will be fossils and artifacts both on display and offered for sale. Please bring your finds for identification and appraisal, several noted experts and authors will be on hand. We will also have book dealers, case dealers, and T-shirt dealers.

There will be an EPIC pre-show at the Howard Johnson motel the night before, for those so inclined.

All day adult admission is $3, with children 16 and under being FREE.

Concessions will be available.

Phone for more details 850-591-2780.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that this is next Saturday for anyone that can make it. I went last year and had a great time. I am going to bring a ton of fossils this year. (OK not really a Ton, but a bunch.)

One of the nicest things about this show is the night before everyone hangs out together at the Howard Johnson going from room to room to see everyones latest finds. It is worth getting there early.

Edited by megateeth

Please take pictures and let us know how it turned out.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

I don't think they'd have made very good points, but I did once find a 3" Meg from the Calvert Fm. that had definitely been worked; I supposed that it was decorative/ceremonial.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm curious but did Indians ever use shark teeth as arrow points?

ive never seen or heard of any from around here john, but i have seen some from south of here. (nc and sc)i have a big

s. texanus tooth from big brook that the indians drilled a hole into to wear.

gar scales were frequently used near the coast here, particularly since there are no good sources of chert. i think they used whatever was available and would work for the intended purpose.

link

Just got back tonight. I had a great time. There were a lot of fossils. The highlight was a full mastodon jaw upper and lower with all but one tooth. I went alone so I could not leave my table long enough to get any photos. The artifact collectors really enjoy fossils and my tables were busy all day. The next show is in Tampa and I will get photos there.

Edited by megateeth