Holbrook Green Pet Wood

texaswoodie

It's my understanding this green wood was found near Holbrook AZ. They collected it out and none remains in the wild. Chromate, the same mineral that makes emeralds green is what colored this wood.

post-1239-12627110857584_thumb.jpg

post-1239-12627111630488_thumb.jpg

Ooooooooooooooo Mama; that is pretty!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow, that's an absolutely gorgeous piece! How big is that piece?

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Guest Smilodon

It's my understanding this green wood was found near Holbrook AZ. They collected it out and none remains in the wild. Chromate, the same mineral that makes emeralds green is what colored this wood.

Paleo legend has it that there has only been one tree found of the chromium wood (thus, its incredible price.) About two years ago, I heard that more had been discovered, but I haven't been able to truly verify that.

TW, I think what you've got there is green wood from another locality called Hampton Butte in Oregon. The arizona wood tends to look just like wood except it's mint green through and through with little variation. The picture below is a representative slice of Hampton Butte wood that I sold last year. Jus' sayin' :) although it's a very nice piece either way.

post-2027-12627314167496_thumb.jpg

Yep, I forgot to resize the files. If you decide to stone me please use Mammoth bones and teeth.

The one on the left is a full round and is 6 x 4 x 1 inches. The one on the right is 2 x 5 x 3 inches.

You may be right Smilodon. All I have to go on is what the seller told me. She sent me a full flat rate box for $2 a pound, so I'm not going to argue with her.

B)

Wanna' double yer money?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow very pretty!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'