Back to the divisum zone

Ludwigia

Great job as always Roger! 

I would have picked up the sponge as well. The sponge itself is lovely, and the oyster with tube worm is icing on the cake! 

And those Ammos... :b_love1::drool:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thanx for explaining the sponge reef, it makes sense. This has probably been explained to me before but when you are eager for ammo finds this kind of info tends to get lost when you are simply hammering away to get at them.

Nice preps again, i think i should give a few for me unpreppable Graefenberg ammo’s a go with the abrader . 

8 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

Great job as always Roger! 

I would have picked up the sponge as well. The sponge itself is lovely, and the oyster with tube worm is icing on the cake! 

And those Ammos... :b_love1::drool:

8 hours ago, Rhiguita said:

Those are some beautiful finds.:Smiling:

Thanks you gentlemen :tiphat:

7 hours ago, Everhardus said:

Thanx for explaining the sponge reef, it makes sense. This has probably been explained to me before but when you are eager for ammo finds this kind of info tends to get lost when you are simply hammering away to get at them.

Nice preps again, i think i should give a few for me unpreppable Graefenberg ammo’s a go with the abrader . 

Yes, go ahead and do that. In my experience they turn out ok, although one of our Malm prima donnas almost had a heart attack when he found out what I did.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Just seeing those muddy photo's made me want to go fossil hunting!   and seeing your pile of ammo's must have been quite a happy moment.  and as always roger, you do a bang up job of prepping.  Oh, and cool sponge. 

RB

20 hours ago, LabRatKing said:

<searches for passport>

<realizes stuck in CONUS due to pandemic>

<cries quietly in office with lights off for a bit

This gave me my morning laugh.  Thanks  :)

3 hours ago, traveltip1 said:

Looks great

:)

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Just seeing those muddy photo's made me want to go fossil hunting!   and seeing your pile of ammo's must have been quite a happy moment.  and as always roger, you do a bang up job of prepping.  Oh, and cool sponge. 

RB

Nothing like a good mudbath, right? And yes, I was a happy piggy.

• I found this Informative 1

One good thing about this site is that the prep work goes easy and quickly due to good separating layers and soft matrix, so I got the rest of them finished today. Most of them were pretty beat up from the erosive forces in this particular section, but, like one says in such a situation, they sure are interesting.

1a.thumb.jpg.189f93342a600982483a3e082f98be82.jpg

• I found this Informative 3