Repair on spinosaur teeth?

Per Christian

I'm thinking of buying these Spinosaurid teeth. I can't quite tell if there's restorations on the teeth. Can someone here advise me whether they may have been restored or not? They have been glued im quite certain, 

received_3488546451260132.jpeg

received_145111083763502.jpeg

received_420876032657303.jpeg

received_851668558711304.jpeg

received_430293221443765.jpeg

Its a mixed bag.  Not all are spinosaurid teeth a couple. are croc.  I see a few that are repaired and composited.  Some are good.  I would avoid

Only three teeth look a little suspect and might have been repaired/composited. The rest looks a little beat up but otherwise good. Top right and middle bottom (beige one) look to be croc. The rest looks like Spino. Decent bunch if cheap.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

1 hour ago, TyBoy said:

Its a mixed bag.  Not all are spinosaurid teeth a couple. are croc.  I see a few that are repaired and composited.  Some are good.  I would avoid

Thanks! How many are croc you think? The 2 bendy ones? I'm grateful for the feedback. Do they look heavily restored?

1 hour ago, Per Christian said:

Thanks! How many are croc you think? The 2 bendy ones? I'm grateful for the feedback. Do they look heavily restored?

The composites are the ones with obvious color change line, so they basically took pieces from two different teeth and glued them together. This one appears to be the most obvious,

image.png.e4939704b97a3bf5ead2ebdd19bb00f9.png

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

17 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

The composites are the ones with obvious color change line, so they basically took pieces from two different teeth and glued them together. This one appears to be the most obvious,

image.png.e4939704b97a3bf5ead2ebdd19bb00f9.png

No, that looks all original. If you look at the photo of the other side the root just nicely continues. There's a break where you can see a different colour. Sometimes the preservation just creates different colours. If that was a composite then it does not match 99% of the standard composites either. The big tooth on the right of it has obvious repair where it looks all lumpy and beige. That's generally what "repairs" look like on Kem Kem fossils.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

58 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

No, that looks all original. If you look at the photo of the other side the root just nicely continues. There's a break where you can see a different colour. Sometimes the preservation just creates different colours. If that was a composite then it does not match 99% of the standard composites either. The big tooth on the right of it has obvious repair where it looks all lumpy and beige. That's generally what "repairs" look like on Kem Kem fossils.

Thanks for the clarification

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Thanks everyone, this was very enlightening for me. It's reassuring to be able to ask questions about these things in here

There needs to be better photos taken in different lighting. Otherwise from what I can tell for now, the two teeth that TyBoy circled I agree are croc. The rest of the teeth looks to be repaired but none are obvious composites

Of course with better photos my analysis may change

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!