Palmwood From College Station

Oh-Man

Made a quick trip out to a spot SilverPhoenix and I have hunted in the past.

It was raining lightly which made it easier to spot stuff. Found some jasper and agate, and the 4 palm pieces below, but no snakewood!

The big piece weighs about 4 lbs and I found it in the water, the small piece on the bottom is part of a root ball and the one next to that is red, but you may have to trust be on that due to the resolution...

post-549-12636856609839_thumb.jpg

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

I'm back, so call me when you're in the area --very nice pieces!

It looks pretty plain and ugly on film blink.gif , but the people in the paleo club really enjoyed it last night!

Nice stuff! Have you ever tried polishing one side?

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Nice stuff! Have you ever tried polishing one side?

I've tried a couple of times with mixed success. With that being said the best palm piece I have is one from this same locale. It's golden palm and polished up looks like honey with coffee colored straws running through it. Super cool.

I've tried a couple of times with mixed success. With that being said the best palm piece I have is one from this same locale. It's golden palm and polished up looks like honey with coffee colored straws running through it. Super cool.

I don't think it's fair that you get to say all that and not show us :notfair: ;):D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Great finds! I would love to see the polished pieces tht you have.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'