Post Oak Creek

Oh-Man

Lots of Cretaceous teeth and parts.

Notably 11 whole ptychodus teeth, all but one whipplei, and several more broken ones.

At the bottom are my fossil bobcat(?) tooth and my "pearl." The pearl didn't come from POC, but ended up in the bag with my POC stuff so got included in the pix.

post-549-12637067827431_thumb.jpg

post-549-12637068081061_thumb.jpg

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Jax, that is the "pearl" we found a couple of months back.

I'm convinced now that it is a pyritized pearl! thumbsu.gif

A couple of the Houston Museum guys said that it was not out of the realm of possibility, but that the only way to tell for sure would be to cut it in half...

Jax, that is the "pearl" we found a couple of months back.

I'm convinced now that it is a pyritized pearl! thumbsu.gif

A couple of the Houston Museum guys said that it was not out of the realm of possibility, but that the only way to tell for sure would be to cut it in half...

that's not true, actually. don't have to cut it. you could put it on a dop stick and just grind off half of it and polish the rest and it'd look cool.

(see, folks [and auspex], this is what on the internet is known as a "scam". if he sends me the pearl, i'll either never be heard from again [which some would doubtless think was a good value in trade, but that's a different issue], or, more likely, i would use a jeweler's saw to cut the pearl in half, keep whichever half is nicest, and then polish the face on the other half and return it to the unsuspecting o, who would think that the other half had been sacrificed to the grinding wheel spirits to secure the fine half-specimen in his possession. beware of internet scams - they can be complex.)

<kind of an evil entrepreneurial Solomon...>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice finds Owen.I have some new real estate for us to look over when ya come back up.Bring Dawkins wit -ya !!

Nice sharks teeth should be enough to get ya movin !!!!

There is only one catch! Might need one of these to get to the goodies :)

post-417-12638375760981_thumb.jpg

Nice sharks teeth should be enough to get ya movin !!!!

There is only one catch! Might need one of these to get to the goodies :)

post-417-12638375760981_thumb.jpg

Oh, I've got one of those, so that will be no problem.

Nice sampling of goodies Oh-Man.

Thanks Chuck!!! Wish you could make a trip out this way for a change! We sift the POC just like the Peace R, but it's A LOT shallower and you don't have to worry about gators... ohmy.gif